Compiling scripts in non admin Windows 8

Go to solution Solved by Graeme,

I have a new Windows 8 computer and it won't compile scripts in my non admin account but it will in the admin account which is fine except that I want to use the non admin account.

I have a simple script

MsgBox(0,"Test","This is running")

and this is the output I get when I try to compile it.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3"
+>10:58:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.3 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0809)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3
+>10:58:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3" /out "C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>10:58:21 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe)rc:9999
+>10:58:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 7.94

Any ideas about how I can compile programs in this account welcome.

Blessings

Thanks for the suggestion, computergroove, I tried running aut2exe directly and I didn't need to run it as administrator but it worked! That's a step in the right direction.

Thanks Jokky, unfortunately I looked at the permissions and changed what I could see to give me full permission but that didn't work. Actually, the non admin account already had full access. Is it possible that when I run Aut2exe from within SciTE that this is seen as someone else?

I still can't compile from within SciTE but being able to compile with Aut2exe directly is a big help.

Any other thoughts on what might be blocking the compilation would be gratefully received.

Blessings

• Developers

There is no need to run SciTE in Admin.

Did you get any error from AUT2EXE when you run from SciTE?

What are the #AutoIt3Wrapper_ Directives in this script?

Give the current Beta a try to see if that contains any fixes that could be the root cause.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Solution

Thanks everyone. I got it sussed. :thumbsup: Actually it was something you said long ago Joss, that got me on the 'right' track. :thumbsup: You said, in another thread, to take out UPX and I think I tried that or found that it wasn't checked. Then as I watched the Aut2exe compiling I saw that it called UPX. So I tried compiling with UPX and everything works fine.

By the way I'd tried the AV earlier - that seems to be a common problem but it wasn't my problem. I don't know why I need UPX in my non admin account and I don't in the admin one... at least maybe I'll go there next and see if it was in fact checked..

Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

Have a good day.

Blessings all

Graeme

Edited by Graeme

• Developers
Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

What is the problem with #requireadmin and the new version?

Show a snippet that demonstrates the issue and explain what the issue is.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...