Script Templates

which includes the following program -

Script_Templates.au3 ( 24.92k )

New Folders

which includes the following program -

New_Folders.au3 ( 14.43k )

This Post

Here are 2 very useful programs -

Admin Rights (previous downloads: 354 + 289)

Admin.ico (previous downloads: 95)

Shortcuts For All (previous downloads: 303)

You need Administrator rights to use 'Shortcuts For All' and the Administrator Password to use 'Admin Rights' (first use). Both programs need a shortcut in your 'SendTo' folder.

* NEW* Admin Rights v4.3 can now replace a shortcut for a program with a shortcut to itself, which it then uses to start that program silently - but itself remains active in the background (minimalised) until that program quits ... this is particularly good for users without admin rights, ideal for your kids to play that game that wants them to be logged in as admin - removes all the hassle of registry fixes, etc. SEE THE NEXT POST FOR MORE DETAILS

ENJOY!

SEE ALSO

Volly's Links

A place that links to many useful Scripts & Scraps

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 11 months later...

Admin Rights has gone through a few changes and improvements since my last upload. Now at version 4.3, which was updated yesterday with a major addition of a create shortcut button, it works automatically once that shortcut has been made - you then no longer need to right-click that pesky program that needs admin privileges to start (via the 'SendTo' context menu), now it will just start with 'Admin Rights' minimalised and running in the background. I got sick of giving permission for my kids games to run under their 'power user only' status, so I showed them how to use 'Admin Rights', then yesterday I got the brilliant idea of enabling the program to run silently once a shortcut for their game had been created with it.

Admin Rights will either modify an existing shortcut at its location, or create a shortcut from the .exe at its location - which you can then move/copy elsewhere.

PLEASE NOTE: An already existing shortcut is backed up to the Admin Rights folder, in a folder named after the current user - which you can manually restore from if you wish. Also note that this new version has now been set to cater for any existing parameters in the original shortcut - though this is as yet untested by me. This parameter feature has also been enabled for the original method of using the program ... which I'd previously overlooked.

I hope you enjoy this simple little idea as much as I'm gonna! :)

Feedback always welcome!

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• 1 year later...

The latest version of the Admin Rights & Shortcuts For All programs can now be downloaded from TheSaint's Toolbox post ... along with many of my other programs.

:)

Spoiler

userbar.png