AAMP Advanced AutoIt Media Player

BrettF

AAMP- Advanced AutoIt Media Player

:( This is the all new version of AAMP... Give it a go. :idea:

Current Version: 2.0.0.4

Last Updated: 15 July 2009

Source: Yes (Open source)

(Please view licensing details at the end of this post)

Download Link

This version of AAMP (should be) so much better than the old one!

All New Features

• I have re-written the library to use a SQLite Database.
  • Added new features
  • WebControl Interface
  • Allows you to control AAMP from any computer, anywhere (provided the correct ports are fowarded.)
  • Password protected for security and peace of mind (so that no one will change your favourite song!)
  • Skinnable interface
  • Lets you change certain elements of the design, making your media player suite your style.
  • Icons
  • Text
  • Background
[*]Lanugauge files
  • Allows for localization of text.
  • Means users can fix bugs, and add new features (certain conditions apply for this)
  • Allows others to learn. I am all for other members to learn how certain things are done.
Massive To-Do List

• Customizable layouts.
    • Don't like the controls in the top left? Why not move them to the bottom right instead! Move certain parts of the interface to suit your liking.
    • This possibly might include a new layout. Currently I'm not very happy with it. Suggestions are extremely welcome!
    • Audio Options
    • Allows the use of EAX Audio Effects and more
  • Visualizations
    • Make your music into art with all new visualizations.
    • Allows the use of Sonique, Winamp, Windows Media Player, and BassBox visual plugins.
Thanks must go to

• Achillies- _GetMusicDir()
  • MrBond007 -His script "Chip-It" uses BASSMOD.dll to play "ChipTunes"
  • WeaponX- File recursive search function
  • ProgAndy/eukalyptus for their assitance with BASS.dll library.
  • Go Squared Ltd - The creators of the icons used in AAMP.
Condtions for Open Source:

AAMP is released under GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.

AAMP is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. AAMP is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.

Please note that BASS.DLL is released under a different license, which availiable from their website.

Thats it for now folks!

Cheers,

Brett

:P

Edited by BrettF

When I went to the download link you gave I got a 1,34 MB big htm file, am I supposed to rename it to something? zip? rar?

It would be nice if you told this before i downloaded it :(

Edit1: Seems to open when I rename it to zip

Edit2: The library definatively need more work, it gives lots of array subscript errors and some items is without text etc.... In general it's a cool media player but it needs a bit more work :P

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

When I went to the download link you gave I got a 1,34 MB big htm file, am I supposed to rename it to something? zip? rar?

It would be nice if you told this before i downloaded it :(

Edit1: Seems to open when I rename it to zip

Should prompt to download the .zip. I'll have a look at it. :P

I think my whole download system is a bit dodgey. I'll have to work on it later, when I'm not at school, and work out why it says the file is a JPG image when I download... Something to do with MIME.

@TehWhale- I mentioned this in my initial post. I don't have enough time to fully look at it, and the error seems very weird...

Isn't this suppost to be my now playing image?

Posted Image

It shows random stuff and then Saw IV as the album and stuff?

EDIT: I'm tring to listen to trance but it keeps erroring out, or giving me AAMP.exe has stopped working. I know this is a bug but they got some cool trance :P

Heres the APP Crash info

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: AAMP.exe

Application Version: 3.2.12.1

Application Timestamp: 4850e379

Fault Module Name: AAMP.exe

Fault Module Version: 3.2.12.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 4850e379

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0004f875

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: fd00

Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Additional Information 3: fd00

Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Edited by TehWhale

Isn't this suppost to be my now playing image?

Posted Image

It shows random stuff and then Saw IV as the album and stuff?

EDIT: I'm tring to listen to trance but it keeps erroring out, or giving me AAMP.exe has stopped working. I know this is a bug but they got some cool trance :P

Heres the APP Crash info

I'm not sure why you get that now playing, cause that should be mine? I'll have to check that.

Radio station? Not sure why it does that. It just happens, that section needs heaps more work.

EDIT: Fixed the image bug. You can still use that one, except it will be like a global now playing image... Also you must turn it on- Tools -> Web Control -> Web Control Active.

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by BrettF

What you have so far looks really nice. The visualizer is pretty cool.

• Have volume update while dragging, not just when you release drag
  • Have seek bar drag too
  • I would rather have eject disk just try D:\ automatically, maybe have the button eject default drive and then be able to change the default drive.
  • Whenever I click next there is a black box at the bottom right that says "32" and nothing else
  • Pause doesn't work
  • Somehow my shuffle icon is now the pause icon, I'm not sure what I did
  • It looks like nothing happens when you click either the repeat or shuffle button
  • Open doesn't work??? I don't like having to go through a wizard just to add a folder
  • For repeat, one of the options should be default, they can't all be disabled
  • Why can't I move the librarzy wizard window?
  • In the add window (under the wizard) I would suggest using a listview instead of a listbox
  • I crashed the program, and I don't know what I did
  • The program GUI looks pasty, it's too white (I have vista so default background color is whitish)
  • Hotkeys
  • The first time I started your program and added music, the music didn't show up in the play list, I had to restart the program to see the music I had added

Those are just my suggestions, and my thoughts while I tried your program out.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

What you have so far looks really nice. The visualizer is pretty cool.

• Have volume update while dragging, not just when you release drag

Can do that.

• Have seek bar drag too

When ever I try to seek with Bass it returns errors (from bass.dll). I'll explore getting that working later

• I would rather have eject disk just try D:\ automatically, maybe have the button eject default drive and then be able to change the default drive.

When I've just started the options GUI, and I will add this in.

• Whenever I click next there is a black box at the bottom right that says "32" and nothing else

Probably removing that all together. Doesn't really work right, and makes the whole GUI pop up when changing songs.

• Pause doesn't work

You right. Will change the function soon.

• Somehow my shuffle icon is now the pause icon, I'm not sure what I did

Fixed.

• It looks like nothing happens when you click either the repeat or shuffle button

Fixed.

• Open doesn't work??? I don't like having to go through a wizard just to add a folder

Added that today.

• For repeat, one of the options should be default, they can't all be disabled

Default will be last item, when I get round to saving program states etc.

• Why can't I move the librarzy wizard window?

Wowah no idea. Will check that.

• In the add window (under the wizard) I would suggest using a listview instead of a listbox

Why? What else would I want to show?

• I crashed the program, and I don't know what I did

It crashes a lot with the radio (some issues and I don't know why.) If you can try make it crash again that would be great :)

• The program GUI looks pasty, it's too white (I have vista so default background color is whitish)

I have tried to add some images and stuff in with other parts of the program. Will work on making it nice too :P

• Hotkeys

Do exist. For a list, goto Help -> Shortcuts.

• The first time I started your program and added music, the music didn't show up in the play list, I had to restart the program to see the music I had added

Well that is a definite change from the program crashing... :(

Those are just my suggestions, and my thoughts while I tried your program out.

Thanks for that. See the quote for responses... :idea:

I will try to upload a later version soon!

In the add window (under the wizard) I would suggest using a listview instead of a listbox

Why? What else would I want to show?

If the item in the list is long you can't see the full title.

The images you have now are great, since I didn't say that in my first post.

The Help -> Shortcuts does nothing. Unless you uploaded a new version... I'll try dl again.

I really should be doing homework instead of testing this. You picked a horrible release date.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Hah okay that confirms that I released an earlier version that I thought. Just finishing some stuff now. Will try to upload it on dialup speed.

And Achilles, do you homework :P

Well with a closer look at the library function it makes no sense why the GUI can't be moved. Unless I missed a style...

Uploading now. Download links will be changed when upload is complete.

EDIT: Download link updated. V0.0.0.3 Released!

Edited by BrettF

Updated!

V0.0.0.4

Added Edit Song GUI
Program now stores settings in the registry... The settings GUI still to come.
Fixed Volume on startup being weirdly louder than max...
Fixed slider to actually change position.
Updated functions to be fully using BASS.au3 UDF.

PLEASE NOTE!

Program now stores settings in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Signa5\AAMP".

EDIT: Style of post was mucked up...

Edited by BrettF