Is it possible to read/change vars from another Autoit script?

Skrip

Is it possible to read and write vars of one script with another script? I've seen the debugger, but I don't know if that'll suit the purpose.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Is it possible to read and write vars of one script with another script? I've seen the debugger, but I don't know if that'll suit the purpose.

Well, you could write your vars to an INI. Would that work?

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

Well, you could write your vars to an INI. Would that work?

That could work. I was going to have them write to another window, then have the other script read and write to those. But I was wondering if there was a more direct way to do it.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I can't think of any, but I'm an AutoIt noob. I'm thinking that you just write to an INI (or a plaintext file), and have your other one read it. How are they going to know how to communicate with eachother? Are they both being run at the same time?

Global $arr[2]

$arr[0]="hip"
$arr[1]="hip"
;^^ hip hip array. ^^

You can do it only with predefined interaction handeling, like this for example:

Sender.au3

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>

$GUI = GUICreate("Sender Script", 200, 140)

$SetVar_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("SET Variable", 40, 20, 120, 20)
$SetValue_Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("Assign('i_Var', 1)", 40, 40, 120, 20)

$GetVar_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("GET Variable", 40, 80, 120, 20)
$GetValue_Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("Eval('i_Var')", 40, 100, 120, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $SetVar_Button
            $sSend_Data = "SET_VAR" & @CRLF & GUICtrlRead($SetValue_Input)
            ControlSetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1", $sSend_Data)
        Case $GetVar_Button
            $sSend_Data = "GET_VAR" & @CRLF & GUICtrlRead($GetValue_Input)
            ControlSetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1", $sSend_Data)

Sleep(10)

$sRet_Data = ControlGetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1")
            ControlSetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1", "")

GUICtrlSetData($GetValue_Input, $sRet_Data)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Reciever:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>

AutoItWinSetTitle("Reciever Script")

Global $i_Var = 0

$GUI = GUICreate("Reciever Script", 300, 200)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI)

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch

$sInteract_Data = ControlGetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1")

If $sInteract_Data <> "" Then
        ControlSetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1", "")

$sFirst_Line = StringLeft($sInteract_Data, StringInStr($sInteract_Data, @CRLF))
        $sFirst_Line = StringStripWS($sFirst_Line, 3)

$sMsg = StringTrimLeft($sInteract_Data, StringInStr($sInteract_Data, @CRLF))
        $sMsg = StringStripWS($sMsg, 3)

Switch $sFirst_Line
            Case "GET_VAR"
                $sGet_Var = Execute($sMsg)
                If $sGet_Var = "" Then $sGet_Var = Eval($sMsg)
                ConsoleWrite($sGet_Var & @CRLF)
                ControlSetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1", $sGet_Var)

While ControlGetText("[CLASS:AutoIt v3;TITLE:Reciever Script]", "", "Edit1") <> ""
                    Sleep(10)
                WEnd
            Case "SET_VAR"
                Execute($sMsg)
                MsgBox(64, $sFirst_Line, "$i_Var = " & $i_Var, 0, $GUI)
        EndSwitch
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team