Injecting and executing code in external process

monoceres

This is based on trancexx's work in this thread.

It's an example of executing a function from the winapi in another process (MessageBoxW).

It's not very useful at the moment, but this could very well be used to inject code that does whatever.

I commented pretty much so it should be quite easy to follow how it works.

The basic structure is:

1. Allocate memory in the target process for code and strings.

2. Generate the machine code.

3. Copy the code and strings to the process.

4. Start executing the code using CreateRemoteThread

Download: RemoteMessageBox.au3

Enjoy :)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

What if I do:

$processname = @AutoItPID
and lose
_WinAPI_WaitForSingleObject($hThread)

Wouldn't that be multithreading?

If so only inter-thread (one way is enough) communication is needed to have it as a... something great.

You don't need this code for multi-threading in AutoIt. Some time ago i made an example for multi-threading (here it is). The only thing you have to consider is that you have to create the function for the Thread in a compiled language and put it into a DLL (e.g. use FreeBasic) Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

You don't need this code for multi-threading in AutoIt. Some time ago i made an example for multi-threading (here it is). The only thing you have to consider is that you have to create the function for the Thread in a compiled language and put it into a DLL (e.g. use FreeBasic)

Yes, I know about that code (even suggested it recently in one particular occasion). I actually dismantled it completely and that resulted in finding it to be buggy (I think I remember enough of that process to replicate found collisions, ...will see).

Btw, congratulations on MVP status. Very much earned IMHO.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

2 silly :) questions:

1) what is the goal of code injection?

2) what is MVP exactly? Congratulations to ProgAndy, BrettF and TheSaint... for MVP status.

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

The example doesn't fill much purpose, it's simply an example for us that like messing around with windows on a lower level.

However code injection in general has many uses, hooking internal workings, extending functionality, debugging etc.

Oh and there's also the many malicious uses, but I'm not worried since the kiddies that uses autoit to write crap won't understand this anyway.

Edit: MVP is much valuable person or something like that, it's a kind of acknowledge if you are useful for the community.

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

The example doesn't fill much purpose, it's simply an example for us that like messing around with windows on a lower level.

However code injection in general has many uses, hooking internal workings, extending functionality, debugging etc.

Oh and there's also the many malicious uses, but I'm not worried since the kiddies that uses autoit to write crap won't understand this anyway.

Edit: MVP is much valuable person or something like that, it's a kind of acknowledge if you are useful for the community.

Thanks for the explanation.

I meant the shortcut for MVP.

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

2 silly :) questions:

2) what is MVP exactly? Congratulations to ProgAndy and TheSaint...

UEZ

i can only answer the MVP one

an mvp have a larger storage on the forum account and like ahmmm. a premium account but for no money (i think)

Thanks, but what does MVP mean (shortcut for)?

Microsoft V.... Professional? Most Valuable Poster? :) ...

Anyway, it is not so important...

UEZ

Edited by UEZ