Make adfunctions.au3 an "official" AutoIt UDF

water

Make adfunctions.au3 an "official" AutoIt UDF  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see adfunctions.au3 become an "official" AutoIt UDF (with examples, help file etc.)

I have used the Active Directory UDF adfunctions.au3 written by Johny Clelland in many of my scripts and answered a lot of questions over the time.

Wouldn't it be nice if adfunctions became an official part of AutoIt like all the other UDFs in the User Defined Functions section?

What do you think

If there are many YES answers the next step would be to check the amount of time it takes to do all the things an AutoIt UDF

needs to have (help file, examples etc.).

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I am using it since a while and I think it would be a very good idea to make them a official UDF.

A lot of questions have already been answered here and I think examples can be provided very fast, cause a lot of people already use them.

Integrate the help in scite would be also very good for faster writing new scripts.

Now we have over 20 votes for an "official" Active Directory UDF.

Could someone with UDF-experience please have a quick look at the adfunctions.au3 UDF and give me a rough estimate how much time I should calculate to make an UDF with all the necessary components as described here.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to inform you that I started to work on the Active Directory UDF.

It will take some time because I'm very busy at the moment. Therefore I'm going to do this work in two steps.

First the functions that pull information from the AD. In a second step all other functions.

After each step I will post the results for everyone to test.

There will be some script breaking changes. Do you want me to document this changes (function names, parameters, return values, error codes ...)?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for all the support for this function library. It's always nice to hear that people are benefitting from my work :-)

Due to my own work commitments, I have been unable to put much time into any efforts to convert ADFunctions to a proper UDF. It was always my hope that it could be done, but I never had the time to learn how to do all the help file stuff, and it wasn't really a requirement for me so I couldn't justify doing it on company time.

I'm more than happy to lend any assistance in making changes. I suspect that a couple of 'Global' variables in particular are going to have to be replaced with a _ADOpenConnection() type function (I'm thinking of the principle objects $objRootDSE and $objConnection here), and I'm not sure what the policy is on Error handling.

Because ADFunctions relies on the error handling in _ADDoError() to report on certain 'known' Active Directory errors, it will need to be registered somehow.

Please let me know if there's any help I can give, or if you have any questions about the functions. I am constantly creating new functions for my own projects, and will try and keep you updated with any new functions as they are written (no promises, as I do this at work and technically shouldn't ;-) )

Thanks again,

Johny.

Just wanted to inform you that I started to work on the Active Directory UDF.

It will take some time because I'm very busy at the moment. Therefore I'm going to do this work in two steps.

First the functions that pull information from the AD. In a second step all other functions.

After each step I will post the results for everyone to test.

There will be some script breaking changes. Do you want me to document this changes (function names, parameters, return values, error codes ...)?