Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Refresh GUI

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I have a GUI with a working Access database, the GUI gets his information from the database but when im add some text into the database i must restart the GUI to see it, its not LIVE up2date.. is there a command of trick to give a 'refresh' to the GUI?. just like in Internet Explorer (F5)?

Thnx a lot ;)

Posted

misterDee,

I have never worked with AutoIt and Access, so please take this as a helpful suggestion and not a guaranteed solution. ;)

To change the data in AutoIt ususally requires the use of GUICtrlSetData to change the content of a control. So I suggest that you put the whatever code you need to read the data from Access into a loop and then use GUICtrlSetData to update the Autoit control if it alters. I can well imagine that the implementation may be somewhat more complex than that simple statement, but I think it is worth a try unless you get a better idea from someone with Access experience.

Good luck - and do come back if you run into problems.

M23

Posted

Hi,

I have a GUI with a working Access database, the GUI gets his information from the database but when im add some text into the database i must restart the GUI to see it, its not LIVE up2date.. is there a command of trick to give a 'refresh' to the GUI?. just like in Internet Explorer (F5)?

Thnx a lot ;)

It might be that what you need is _WinAPI_InvalidateRect.

Posted

misterDee,

I have never worked with AutoIt and Access, so please take this as a helpful suggestion and not a guaranteed solution. ;)

To change the data in AutoIt ususally requires the use of GUICtrlSetData to change the content of a control. So I suggest that you put the whatever code you need to read the data from Access into a loop and then use GUICtrlSetData to update the Autoit control if it alters. I can well imagine that the implementation may be somewhat more complex than that simple statement, but I think it is worth a try unless you get a better idea from someone with Access experience.

Good luck - and do come back if you run into problems.

M23

Hi Melba,

thnx for your replay.. its simple.. its just a label in the GUI thats takes text from a database that need a live-changing when its changed in the database.. i dont think your command is working for this..? :evil:

Posted

It might be that what you need is _WinAPI_InvalidateRect.

Hmm.. i think your closer.. i see the GUI refreshin', but the label doesnt change ;)

$gui=guicreate

_WinAPI_InvalidateRect($gui) that is what you mean?

Posted

Hmm.. i think your closer.. i see the GUI refreshin', but the label doesnt change ;)

$gui=guicreate

_WinAPI_InvalidateRect($gui) that is what you mean?

Yes, but if the gui is one you created with AutoIt and you have a label which shows the data then what Melba23 said is corrcet. You need GuiCtrlSetData($label, $newtext)

Posted

Yes, but if the gui is one you created with AutoIt and you have a label which shows the data then what Melba23 said is corrcet. You need GuiCtrlSetData($label, $newtext)

Thanks it works, i get the code, easy does it ;)

and thnx to Melba23!!!