Keep Terminal Services Session from going idle

I'm looking for a band-aid. I have a user logged in to a terminal server. After x amount of idle time the session disconnects, and after y more idle time the session logs off. In this particular situation, I can't change the user account properties, the terminal server configuration, or group policy, so I'm looking for a script the the user can run when they think they'll be idle for a while that will trick the terminal server into thinking they're not idle. I've tried the obvious mouse moves and keystrokes, but they aren't working.

...and if it could keep the session alive after the user disconnects, that would be really great.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a little old, but I just fixed this by having a file read to a know file that's of a 100 kb or so, this will send 100kb from one session end to the other

I'm looking for a band-aid. I have a user logged in to a terminal server. After x amount of idle time the session disconnects, and after y more idle time the session logs off. In this particular situation, I can't change the user account properties, the terminal server configuration, or group policy, so I'm looking for a script the the user can run when they think they'll be idle for a while that will trick the terminal server into thinking they're not idle. I've tried the obvious mouse moves and keystrokes, but they aren't working.

...and if it could keep the session alive after the user disconnects, that would be really great.