Active Directory UDF - Help & Support

water

As requested:

LDAP://CN=Mailbox Store,CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=PH-SVR-EXCH1,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Wallace Roberts Todd,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=wrtdesign,DC=com

Looks pretty good.

Another guess: Do you have the proper rights to create a mailbox on the Exchange server? Could you please login (_AD_Open()) with the user you normally use to create a mailbox?

The error handling with all M$ windows systems < Windows 7 is rather bad. The error you get means "unexpected error".

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

And, that's what it is. Because of the explicit denial of Enterprise/Domain Admins in Exchange 2003, my DA account can't create the mailboxes from my test station. I'm going to have to compile my script and run it on the server (which is its eventual purpose anyway).

Thanks for helping trudge through this one with me.

And, that's what it is. Because of the explicit denial of Enterprise/Domain Admins in Exchange 2003, my DA account can't create the mailboxes from my test station. I'm going to have to compile my script and run it on the server (which is its eventual purpose anyway).

Thanks for helping trudge through this one with me.

Glad the problem could be solved!

I'm realy looking forward getting a Windows 7 PC so I can improve the error handling of the UDF. I'm sure this would have solved our problem much faster.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad the problem could be solved!

I'm realy looking forward getting a Windows 7 PC so I can improve the error handling of the UDF. I'm sure this would have solved our problem much faster.

Welp...that didn't do it. I compiled my script, ran it on the server, same error message.

What user account(s) do your Exchange admins use to create a mailbox?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm no Exchange expert, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Do your admins create all mailboxes using the Exchange admin interface? In this case the Exchange service creates the entries (homeMDB etc.) in the AD user object. Maybe the other way round using ADSI is forbidden?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm no Exchange expert, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Do your admins create all mailboxes using the Exchange admin interface? In this case the Exchange service creates the entries (homeMDB etc.) in the AD user object. Maybe the other way round using ADSI is forbidden?

We create all of our users through ADU&C. The mailboxes are created automatically after user creation.

We create all of our users through ADU&C. The mailboxes are created automatically after user creation.

So if you logon to the server as "administrator" and create a mailbox using ADUC then your script should work fine as well.

Use the same domain user in the _AD_Open function call.

If this doesn't work then there are other limitations that I'n not aware of.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So if you logon to the server as "administrator" and create a mailbox using ADUC then your script should work fine as well.

Use the same domain user in the _AD_Open function call.

If this doesn't work then there are other limitations that I'n not aware of.

So, I should try this from my Exchange server? I've been writing this utility to interface with PowerShell scripts on my 2k8 fileserver where all my user shares are going to be. That's part of the user provisioning process.

So, I should try this from my Exchange server? I've been writing this utility to interface with PowerShell scripts on my 2k8 fileserver where all my user shares are going to be. That's part of the user provisioning process.

No, just wanted to explain that if you create your users/mailboxes using ADUC under the context of user "xy" then your script should run fine in the same environment (user context).

This should be true for every computer in your domain.

This is how I understand it so far (which might change in the future :mellow:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

No, just wanted to explain that if you create your users/mailboxes using ADUC under the context of user "xy" then your script should run fine in the same environment (user context).

This should be true for every computer in your domain.

This is how I understand it so far (which might change in the future Posted Image)

That's what I figured, but unfortunately, that's not what's happening.

Can i e-mail you a copy of my script and associated files?

Edited by lgwapnitsky

Can i e-mail you a copy of my script and associated files?

Sure, just send me via this forums PM.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Has anyone had success using the _AD_CreateMailbox() function? I've been working with Water to test why it is non-functional in my environment.

If you've had success, please respond with a description of your environment (where you ran the script from, OS name/type, etc.).

Thanks,

Larry

I searched the forum for "createmailbox" and a guy named Steven Meier had some problems too - unfortunately no solution could be found :mellow:

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another try:

Could you uncomment the line

If $oAD_User.HomeMDB <> "" Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
in the function _AD_CreateMailbox() and try again?

BTW: The error you get (0x80020006 - Property or Method Unknown) lets me think that a necessaray API is still missing.

Another question: Which version of the AD UDF do you use?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Another try:

Could you uncomment the line

If $oAD_User.HomeMDB <> "" Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
in the function _AD_CreateMailbox() and try again?

BTW: The error you get (0x80020006 - Property or Method Unknown) lets me think that a necessaray API is still missing.

Another question: Which version of the AD UDF do you use?

Same error, and version 0.39.

Respect for the work Water!

I havent used autoit over the last year, but i used the adfunctions script last time i was bussy with autoit. Im taking it back up now, will look at the udf.

+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+

Hi Prophet,

glad you like it!

If you have any questions and/or problems please post here.

For enhancements and general discussion please use this thread.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki