New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.79

Jos

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an insulting answer, Manadar. So we should go out of our way to write a pointless DLL to accommodate people who can't be arsed to configure their editor? An editor built around customization? Why don't we just write a DLL to expose script-writing functionality to Lua and then to SciTE via Lua scripts? Would that be what professionals want, too? Or maybe we should use GUI extensions so we can have project panes, real-time outline panes and context sensitive help? "Professionals" will want that, too, right?

Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done. If some "professional" says otherwise then you have a professional that isn't worth a damn if they're more worried about something as banal as this instead of real problems.

I won't make such a long rebuttal since this is not my area of expertise, and we both know who's going to win that fight. I'm more geared towards removing configuration (data) redundancy and making things easier for the end-user. If that's not what this can accomplish, then never mind.

Edited by Manadar

Your suggestion is for automatic detection of a setting a user has to manually create in the first place. Would I do it were it possible? Yes. Will I go out of my way to make it possible by dealing with a DLL? No. It's far too trivial.

Err, user-mode code cannot cause hardware failures (in general) unless there is a problem with the hardware or the driver. In other words, your "solution" is just coincidence.

Err, user-mode code cannot cause hardware failures (in general) unless there is a problem with the hardware or the driver. In other words, your "solution" is just coincidence.

This is off-topic but speaking of generality...

Make a gui (in script) and try changing (change) window class name afterwards. I'm fairly certain you will end up with BSOD.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

I am aware. However, there's no real good reason to ever do that and it's very unlikely SciTE does that. Also, that crash doesn't crash in the display driver as best I can remember.

• 4 months later...

Looks good Jos. Installed but not the wrapper. I'll have to mess around and see what I can do to keep using Resource Hacker for Resources since RH is scriptable instead of adding all those damn directives

Edited by Jos
removed links

• Developers

Looks good Jos. Installed but not the wrapper. I'll have to mess around and see what I can do to keep using Resource Hacker for Resources since RH is scriptable instead of adding all those damn directives

You made 3 great posts to start with and somehow I have the feeling you BSing.

I have removed the links from the posts and lets keep it that way with any subsequent post from now on.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Looks good Jos. Installed but not the wrapper. I'll have to mess around and see what I can do to keep using Resource Hacker for Resources since RH is scriptable instead of adding all those damn directives. Now if the wrapper had something like the ability to read a flat file (something I can generate from a file list) to get the resources then all might be good again.

hmm?

His 2 other posts are carbons of other posts in their respective topics as well.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Odd case. Don't get it. But also did not looked at it in detail. Ergo: dropping data here and not as ticked.

'Compile+Compile script' generated errors while using 'Build' is error free. (same code)(exe and a3x)

<snip: code> no longer needed.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

This looks very strange:

>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0) params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -q from:C:\CODE\AutoIt3

+>06:33:34 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running Obfuscator (1.0.28.7) from:C:\CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE cmdline: /Beta

>"C:\CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "D:\CODE\AutoIt\Project\Au3_Merger\CODE\___STARTUP___.au3"

+>06:32:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.33 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X86 OS:X86)

-> 2 Change(s) made.

>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0) params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 6 -q from:C:\CODE\AutoIt3

+>06:32:10 AU3Check ended.rc:0

It looks like you started the Compile for the second time during the first Compile run?

What are you refering to with this statement: "Tools:Compile+Compile script:"

I don't believe an option with the description is there by default.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It looks like you started the Compile for the second time during the first Compile run?

Did not noticed that part. I checked but thats not the case. So that must be a edit error on my part while creating the message.

What are you refering to with this statement: "Tools:Compile+Compile script:"

I don't believe an option with the description is there by default.

ok ... "Tools:Compile, AutoIt3Wrapper Gui:Compile script" than.

Spotted something else that reminded me that I have some Scite4AutoIt3 modifications active. (like SciTE.properties and such)

I better check those first(yea,to late) for any (more)potential misfits on my part. ;)

---

(I absolutely don't feel like doing that right now ... sigh. On hold until I did.)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

Disabled SciTEUser.properties and local SciTE.properties file.

Checked if the au3.properties build and compile lines were the ones that where accusal used.

Still the same effect.

Erm, Removing the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=beta" directive did the trick.

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Looks like Obfuscator cannot find the include files in the Beta subdir.

Could you try to make me a small script that demonstrates this behaviour which I can play with myself?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't have any beta installed. (Normal window uninstalled the last beta before installing production version, and never added one(older) again)

Am I correct that its Build that should run in /Beta mode while its not doing so in this case?

(or else, what am I missing?)

This one gives the same problem result on my side.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version=beta
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/striponly
#include <Array.au3>
Dim $Array[1]=['string']
_ArrayDisplay($Array)
Edited by MvGulik

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

I am lost: Why would you use the version directive with Beta when you do not have Beta installed?

This Directive tells all utilities to use the AutoIt3 Beta build.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.