Organize Includes in SciTE4Autoit3

Xenobiologist

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Bummer. I seems to have lost Xenobiologist interest on the subject. No point. Dropping subject.

Certainly not! I' working on a new version which has got some bugfixes and new featues.

To answer your question. The problem you discuss is not really a problem, because the source held in that variable is really only for getting the needed info from it. And do get all the needed info.

Besides, the line break stuff dosen't come from the Regex pattern - it belongs to StringStripWS.

Func _stripSourceCode(ByRef $source)
    Local $noComment_source = $source
    _stripComments($noComment_source)
    $noComment_source = StringStripWS($noComment_source, 7) ; doppelte Leerzeichen/Umbrüche entfernen
    Return $noComment_source
EndFunc ;==>_stripSourceCode

This line $noComment_source = StringStripWS($noComment_source, 7) ; doppelte Leerzeichen/Umbrüche entfernen

leads to the linebreak stuff you mentioned. But as I said before, it is no problem for me, because my following functions in the source code can work with that.

Thanks for your effort!

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Just something to think about but you may like to include a readme.txt with the zip indicating how to install OI. I recently upgraded to Win 7 and had to log back into the forums to remember how to install it. Nothing major but a PITA when you are trying to reinstall all your programs quickly :-)

• 1 month later...

A simple little improvement would be to insert the includes after the directives. Autoit directives are always supposed to be at the top. Great tool. I use this countless times every day.

Hi,

this is already implemented you can set a "keyword" after which OI should insert the includes.

Bytheway, I'm going on a little vacation this week and after that I'll upload a new version with some bugfixes and new features.

Thank for your comment.

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm suddenly having some trouble using Organize Incudes. OI worked fine for me until just recently.

Now I get this error message: Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Scite\OrganizeIncludes\OI_1.0.0.50.au3"): Error: Error opening the file."

Previously I got an error message about not having a certain .ini but I didn't write that message down.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? I'm running Windows 7 64bit with the latest version of autoit. I extracted the zip into the Scite directory and then I copied those lines into scite user properties. The only thing that I am doing different is that I recently reinstalled windows which seems to correspond with the problem. Maybe I should just reinstall again?

• 4 months later...

Xenobiologist, thanks a lot for this brilliant job!

Let me make one proposition:

could you add such function as creating a list of functions-exceptions?

The matter is: when I use your tool, some functions, which not placed in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include",always removed from my scripts. It would be very nice,imho, if user could create a directory with such kind of functions and your program ignore all of them, placed in this directory.

Excuse my bad English, comrade...

Hi, I'm suddenly having some trouble using Organize Incudes. OI worked fine for me until just recently.

Now I get this error message: Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Scite\OrganizeIncludes\OI_1.0.0.50.au3"): Error: Error opening the file."

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? I'm running Windows 7 64bit with the latest version of autoit. I extracted the zip into the Scite directory ...

The original instruction line reads

1) Extract the zip here (ProgramsDIR) ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\

, which is wrong.

It should read

1) Extract the zip here (ProgramsDIR) ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\OrganizeIncludes\

After that, there'll be no more Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Scite\OrganizeIncludes\OI_1.0.0.50.au3"): Error: Error opening the file."

The original instruction line reads

, which is wrong.

It should read

1) Extract the zip here (ProgramsDIR) ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\OrganizeIncludes\

After that, there'll be no more Line 0 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Scite\OrganizeIncludes\OI_1.0.0.50.au3"): Error: Error opening the file."

Hi! Thanks guwguw, I eventually realized that the PDF has some outdated info but the forum post is up to date. If I remember correctly anyways. Well, I appreciate that you've taken the time to reply to my plea for help. :x

Thanks for taking a look at this piece of scripts.

I'll have a look, whether I can finifsh a new version with some bugfixes and addons this year.

Mega

• 6 months later...

A few things that I have found with my copy;

You can set it so that you do not get a file open dialog by moving the second line in the user options to sit next to the first line like so:

command.36.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(autoit3dir)SciTEOrganizeIncludesOI_1.0.0.50.au3" "$(FilePath)"

Also, you can set the script so that it does not read the includes (on line 846) like so:

Local $regValue = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\"

or preferably,

Local $regValue = StringLeft(@AutoItExe, StringInStr(@AutoItExe, "", 0, -1))&"Includes"

You can set it so that the settings tab opens up the settings.ini file on click instead of using the file open dialog, by changing the code to the following, on line 1096 to the following:

Local $file = @ScriptDir & "Settings.ini"

Next, the more annoying part.

When I open a file, it detects perfectly. But when I select "Organise Includes", it does not remove the includes that I have already got. So I just end up with a whole bunch on unnessecary includes.

But as a whole, I have got to say that this is an excelent utility.

Thanks for making such a great tool for the community.

EDIT

Tried to change the script a little to delete the includes already in there... Too tired... will do it tomorrow... working around about line 1180 or something like that... Goodnight world hahaha.

EDIT

Nope... to busy sorry, not going to bother for now. maybe some time in the future I will take a look at it.

Edited by Mikeman27294

• 5 months later...

Hi Xenobiologist,

As you mentioned in your first comment i followed all the steps and i pressed CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+I but i am getting an error message stating "c:program filesAutoIt3SciTEOrganizeIncludesincludes_Release.ini not found " seems there is some ini file missing in that zip file.. could you please add it ?

Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...

Xenobiologist - nice work on this! Just wish I would have seen it sooner...

I just downloaded and started using this last week and found it very useful.

But now I have run into a little snag...

I just recently updated my SciTE to Version 2.28

If I launch the OU-1.0.0.50.au3, then the Organize Includes GUI appears like it should.

If I'm in a script where I actually want to check my Include files, using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+I, it gives me this message:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. >Exit code: 1

I tried to backtrack and remove the information from SciTE's User Options file, close SciTE, rename the OrganizeIncludes folder and then go through a "fresh" install/setup.

Still getting the same results.

I wouldn't doubt that I'm simply missing something, but have you seen this before?

EDIT: For the time being I just installed an older version of SciTE so that I can still use your Organizer.

Only other one I had/could locate is version 1.79, it's working!

Edited by Country73

If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?AutoIt Forum Search

Oh, I haven't looked into this thread for quite a long time.

Maybe the script needs to be updated again.

As for you error, I guess the new has some problems with the internal variable $(autoit3dir)

Try the following please, Scite --> Options --> Open User Options File

Then you see your shortcut added for Organize Includes and maybe some more.

Try to replace the variables like $(autoit3dir) and $(SciteDefaultHome) with your full qualified pathes like

c:Programs... and then restart Scite and give it a try.

I'll see if I can take a look at that today.

I know I looked through the User Options File, but I may not have looked at it close enough...

EDIT:

Wow, that's all that it took...

I replaced both of those variables with the exact path's and it's working like a charm.

Now I can update SciTE on my main workstation and continue to use your - Awesome - "Organize Includes"!

Edited by Country73

If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?AutoIt Forum Search

• 1 month later...

I get the following errors when I try running it :

>>"D:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTEautoit3.exe" "D:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTEOrganizeIncludesOI_1.0.0.50.au3" "C:UsersADMINDesktopF B AFBA.au3"

'D:Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.468

"D:autoit3.exe" "D:OI_1.0.0.50.au3" "C:UsersADMINDesktopFBA.au3"

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.455

I've tried hard coding the paths as you've suggested, but whatever I try, same error.

It appears fine in the Tools menu - but can't get any further - any ideas?

What SciTE version are you using?

Can you post your SciteUser.properties please.

• Moderators

delstone,

SciTE menu: <Options - Open User Options File>. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area