Irrlicht enviroment

fireryblaze

OK so for the past ohh... IDK week or so I have been tinkering with the Au3Irrlicht project and well I have come to the conclusion that... IT IS AWESOME!!!

Contained within the download you will find:

1)All my source code

2)All of the meshes and pics and textures and goodies.

3)A full functioning exe for those of you who are to lazy to right click run/don't have AutoIT installed

4)umm.. I'll do this part when I get around to it.

Please help with the Au3Illricht project, even if it is just testing it out for bugs and such. You don't have to be a guru you just need patience and be willing to use teamwork.

http://code.google.com/p/illrichttutorial/downloads/list

Current Version = 5.0

Changes:

V2 - Added teleporters

V3 - Altered teleporter code + entire code setup to transfer to another scene. Also has transfer back capabilities.

+ Added a new map and the zumlin Model

V3.1 - fixed the teleporter texture...Why did no one say that it was textureless?

V4.0 - Embarrased to even admit I made it a new version...Don't upload when sleepy...

V5.0 - Added the beginning of the weapons system Will update and continue V5 with additional weapons before moving on.

Edited by fireryblaze

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways here is what tonights efforts have brought.

1)An Enviroment created in DeleD (Credits again go to the maker of it whom I do not know)

2)Collision Detection

3)umm...oh right WASD Keys are used for control and unlike in the examples Space is used to jump.

*Hint* In order to get into the other room you need to use the ladder, takes a bit of practice, but its not to hard.

Damn dude, nice implementation. I like it.. Makes me want to learn it and make an FPS... :-)

Take care!

Edited by cembry90

AutoIt Stuff:

UDFs: {Grow}

Downloaded 14 times but only 2 comments...

hmm.. wish people would leave some more replys, maybe with some sugestions.

@Zibit HOw was it?

@cembry90 Thanks. If you wanna get started I recommend just looking at the examples, and then try splicing them together.

Edited by fireryblaze

Downloaded 14 times but only 2 comments...

hmm.. wish people would leave some more replys, maybe with some sugestions.

@Zibit HOw was it?

@cembry90 Thanks. If you wanna get started I recommend just looking at the examples, and then try splicing them together.

As a general rule, there is little interest in graphics like this on the forum. You'll notice that there is only a handful of people working on or with Irrlicht. I suppose it's because most of us wouldn't associate AutoIt with 3D and stuff like that.

However, seeing examples like this make me want to try it ;)

As a general rule, there is little interest in graphics like this on the forum. You'll notice that there is only a handful of people working on or with Irrlicht. I suppose it's because most of us wouldn't associate AutoIt with 3D and stuff like that.

However, seeing examples like this make me want to try it ;)

Indeed it would seem so. Maybe we need to add a new section just for this kind of stuff. I only just found out about it by chance a few days ago.

Good luck if you do decide to try it, Let me know if you are having any problems :)

Edited by fireryblaze

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your impressive efforts.

Not really to do with your script..

I think _IrrAddFPSCamera() function has a wrong description ..

The last param of the function is listed as "jumpspeed", but it actually seems more like jump height. eg: set the value higher or lower and the speed of the jump doesn't change, but the height of the jump does. I set the value as 8.0 and you can jump the ladder without touching.

Edited by smashly

Well I am flattered... But they were not that impressive... ;) It was just porting and implementing someone elses design.

hmm interesting... Jump height should be the one above it. I just noticed even though I set it to 100 I fogot to change the comment after it... Anyways I tested it and even with the vertical movement set to 0 it still functioned perfectly... this is indeed somthing that needs looking into.

Edit:Corrected word usage.

Edited by fireryblaze

kinda good at making HUD's ;) made crosshair n stuff :) And i agree THIS needs a new section.

I wonder how far are we of weapondry ??? I know it's hard but its totally worth it i mean we got bullets ( Beam functions ) + we got bullet amount in HUD, a easier (still hard) way how to make weapons is 2D Graphics but that also would pretty much mess things up :/

Edited by Zibit

Indeed it would seem so. Maybe we need to add a new section just for this kind of stuff. I only just found out about it by chance a few days ago.

Good luck if you do decide to try it, Let me know if you are having any problems ;)

... was already wondering why this took so long ;) Definetly a good idea to start a new + separate thread around usage of au3Irr2. So seems we'll have now a thread for UDF development and one for discussion/sharing knowledge - nice! And hope you will not be the only one posting his work?!

BTW: Seems first thought of 99.9% is "doin' an FPS". Well, I am the 0.1% :) But of course every motivation is a good motivation - and I am very interested to see the resulting feedback about au3Irr2 and what it's used for. Besides: Very curious who will be the first to implement also the needed AI for NPCs ...

... was already wondering why this took so long ;) Definetly a good idea to start a new + separate thread around usage of au3Irr2. So seems we'll have now a thread for UDF development and one for discussion/sharing knowledge - nice! And hope you will not be the only one posting his work?!

BTW: Seems first thought of 99.9% is "doin' an FPS". Well, I am the 0.1% :) But of course every motivation is a good motivation - and I am very interested to see the resulting feedback about au3Irr2 and what it's used for. Besides: Very curious who will be the first to implement also the needed AI for NPCs ...

Actualy linus I am planning on making in 3rd person just havent gotten around to swapping cameras and adding the avatar yet...The FPS type thing never really worked well for me.

As for AI wouldn't be to hard to implement. Create a giant NODE(Invisible of course), use the already existing functions to get them to move towards me if I enter the said node. As such this will cause a "Hot zone" inside of the node. Though then after adding all of this the real trick will be making it work smoothly... AutoIT's lack of multithreading bites me in da @ss again... Oh well maybe I can multi proc it if it get to bad.

Edited by fireryblaze

here is a rapidshare link

Dear fireryblaze.

Please do not use rapidshare, especially when you have more then 1 file to upload. The waiting it makes you do for the file and the waiting between files is a nucience. There are free file hosts like mediaifre that have no forced waiting, allow downloading multiple files, and require no account to upload. I would appreciate it if you uploaded these files to mediafire so I don't have to deal with rapidshit. Thank you

On with the script.

It is very nice. The jumping seems a bit... unnatural. Ladder is buggy, maybe you could consider doing something like what halo 1 did, set cretin faces for ladders as "walkable". Not sure how well this would work with irrlich though. generally nice, keep it up

ps: Here is mediafire link for second version. See how much easier it is then rapidshare?

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e