This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

icon index in dll files

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

this is avi default icon : C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~2\wmplayer.exe,-120

what mean -120 ?
wmplayer.exe has not icon with index -120
wmplayer.exe has not icon with index 120

how i con access to avi defaulticon ?

i need to your help

#2 trancexx

trancexx

Queen F. Elizabeth MCXI

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

Does it have with name 120?

Please read more than once before you answer.

......       ......
        .:oOOOOo:.   .:oOOOOo:.
      .:oOO:'':Oo:. .:oO:'':OOo:.
     .:oO:      'Oo:oO'      :Oo:.
     :oO:         'o'   
      :Oo:
     :oO:                     :Oo:
     ':oO:     OT9AO0IEDrk   :Oo:'
      ':oO:                 :Oo:'
        ':oO.             .Oo:'
          ':oO
.         .Oo:'
            ':oO.     .Oo:'
              ':oO. .Oo:'
                'oO:Oo'
                  'o' :kiss:

eMyvnE

#3 Yashied

Yashied

Happy in Moscow

• MVPs
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

If you use a negative number, it means the resource identifier. Positive - the zero based index of icon in the file.

#4 computergroove

computergroove

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

I don't understand what you are asking for. Are you trying to mask something other than an avi as a movie file?

#5 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

please more description about icon identifire ;
i want write program that extract icon of executable files ;

my idea is extract icon of executabble files than run file type

for example

i want to extract avi icon of wmplayer

i read registry for avi

step 1 => HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avi
step 2 => HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile
step 3 => HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\DefaultIcon
step 4 => HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AVIFile\DefaultIcon\Default = C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~2\wmplayer.exe,-120
i want extract avi icon of wmplayer.exe
please help me

#6 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

i want extract any filetype runner Icon

asa file icon = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VIntDev98\bin\vidisws.dll,-307
BSC file icon = C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Common\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.exe,-20212

how i compute above numbers [ -307 , -20212 ] to access file type icon ; i'v problem with positive sign

i'm sorry for my bad english

#7 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 23,273 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Have you read the first 2 replies which does contain the answer?

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#8 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

i'm used of negative number, it means the resource identifier.

i have problem with negative number to access icon

#9 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

yes i read but i need to example script

#10 guinness

guinness

all-consuming swarm in inconspicuous disguise

• Developers
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

Firstly you are going to have to Search the Forum, but look for WinAPIEx.au3 and then _WinAPI_ShellExtractIcon() >> here you will see the Example!

Example List: _AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrGeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...
Updated: 30/07/2014

#11 HAMID

HAMID

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

Firstly you are going to have to Search the Forum, but look for WinAPIEx.au3 and then _WinAPI_ShellExtractIcon() >> here you will see the Example!

Thanks Thanks Thanks
i found it

Edited by HAMID, 09 February 2011 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users