ChooseFileFolder - Interim Version 11 Mar 21

Melba23

• Moderators

Deye,

Not a difficult problem. I have amended the _CFF_SetPreCheck function to clear the list if passed a non-array parameter:

<snip>

That works for me. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Deye,

A new (and I hope better) approach. I have added a new parameter to _CFF_SetPreCheck which determines the volatility of the precheck array. By default the array is cleared after each call to _CFF_Choose/Embed but by using the new parameter the list can be retained if required. Here is the new beta code:

And here is a short example to show it working:

#include "ChooseFileFolder_Mod.au3"

; Register handlers
_CFF_RegMsg()

Global $aPreCheck_List[] = ["C:\", "D:\"], $aRet

; Set list and make it volatile (default)
_CFF_SetPreCheck($aPreCheck_List)

; Run dialog
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("Prechecked", -300, -500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)

; Run again and list is cleared
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("Precheck cleared", -300, -500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)

; Now reset list but retain it by setting volatile parameter to False
_CFF_SetPreCheck($aPreCheck_List, Default, False)

; Run dialog
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("Prechecked", -300, -500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)

; Run again and prechecks still occur
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("Still prechecked", -300, -500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)

How is that? :)

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

M23,

Cool  :thumbsup:  that is a great approach I could not always get it easily cleared, made my life easier :)

now there is a problem with a file naming of special characters
  ▶ file.url
    when i save an array to a text file and it is saved as
  ? file.url

when i load this back to $aPreCheck_List it is recognized by _CFF_Choose and selecting its parent but wont get the file checked .. ( not sure if ill be able to make the text file save special characters or if there might be a better solution..)

another thing is since you got unchecking of drives to be cleared from the return, fixed.
 on reruns when I save and load the list from text I keep getting extra array count numbers in the return array

#include "ChooseFileFolder_Mod.au3"

Global $sFilePath = (@ScriptDir & "\PreCheck_List.txt"), $sFilePath, $aRet, $aPreCheck_List
If Not IsArray($aRet) Then _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aPreCheck_List)

example()
_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aRet, 1)
_ArrayDisplay($aRet)

Func example()
_CFF_RegMsg()
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("choose", -300, -500, -1, -1, "", Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)
If $sRet Then
$aRet = StringSplit($sRet, "|")
$sRet = ""
For $i = 1 To $aRet[0]
$sRet &= $aRet[$i] & @CRLF
Next
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>example
Deye
Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

I had already seen your thread on special characters in filenames - and I am afraid I have no idea of how you can solve it, particularly in this UDF. :(>

when I save and load the list from text I keep getting array count numbers in the return array

To prevent this use the $FRTA_NOCOUNT parameter when reading, and use the $iBase parameter when writing - just look in the Help file for details. ;)

M23

Spoiler

M23 

I didn't explain myself correctly sorry :)

I meant i get the extra number in the return when loading from a precheck list and then adding new selections on top 

as to file naming with special characters I found that if the file is in shortname form it can work
like when using dir /X that gives out all files with spaces and characters in shortname form
maybe an additional switch to make the return give out shortnames
as to the prechecking there isn't much to have prechecks for, so a simple if fileexist could do the trick

I know that in theory it sounds simple :)
the problem would be linking the shortnames to the full names in the display

Deye
Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

I didn't explain myself correctly

You still have not made yourself clear. As I have had to ask you so many times, please provide me with a reproducer script so I can see what is happening with this "extra number". :)

maybe an additional switch to make the return give out shortnames

I will see what I can do, but I feel this this UDF is very rapidly becoming custom-designed for you and you alone, so it will not be a high priority. ;)

M23

Spoiler

M23 

if you run the code in my previous post and make a selection for instance "C:" and "D:"
 it will be saved to @ScriptDir & "PreCheck_List.txt"

then when you run the code again _CFF_SetPreCheck will add thoes selections
now go ahead and add some extra selection and hit return, you will see the number added to the last line in the array

as to shortnames, if you can make _CFF_SetPreCheck accept them that will make the real difference.

Deye
Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

you will see the number added to the last line in the array

As I told you above, you need to exclude the count in the first element when you read and write the file. You have used the $iBase parameter when writing:

but not the $FRTA_NOCOUNT parameter when reading. Just change that line to read:

If Not IsArray($aRet) Then _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aPreCheck_List, $FRTA_NOCOUNT)
and there is no "added number" when I test the script you posted. :)

M23

Edit:

And why do you use that convoluted StringSplit plus loop code to get EOLs between the returned paths when all you need do is this? :huh:

$sRet = StringReplace($sRet, "|", @CRLF)
Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

M23,

thanks again for the corrections   :)

back to the UDF:

can you consider adding "__GTVEx_Adjust_Parents" from the GUITreeViewEx UDF
so that when unchecking an item and there are no other child items in scope to have uncheck  parents recursively back to top level paths in the tree, till a point where its not necessary. (where other checks on the same top level paths exist.)

this will be useful especially when loading a precheck list that creates checks in the tree to reveal whats checked deeper inside the root, but then when making a change like deselecting a single item, it will remove none intended parent checks, reevaluating the tree in view and in whats to be in the return.

i know it cannot be done for "__GTVEx_Adjust_Children" as you explained once that the tree must be expanded to do that

Thanks
Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

Try this Beta version. If you check/clear an item with Ctrl pressed and the "+ 512" flag set to only return the deepest returns, it changes the parents too: :)

<snip>

Or does that interfere too much with the existing "check all children" functionality? :huh:

M23

P.S. Did you see my replies in the Notify thread? ;)

Edit:

In my further testing I feel that it does interfere too much, so I have changed it to work as follows:

- If Ctrl is pressed, any previously expanded children are set to the same state.

- If Alt is pressed and the + 512 option is set, the parent path is set/cleared (cleared only if there are no other items on the path).

- If both keys are pressed, it works in both directions.

See what you think:

<snip>]

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

M23,

1. I found that when checkingunchecking checkboxes with _CFF_Adjust_Parents the gui will respond better and a lot faster without GUICtrlSendToDummy($g_cCFF_Expand_Dummy, $hItem)

is this function needed when using this gui mode ? as i didn't see anything going wrong without it being used.

2. having both files like "test.txt" & "test.txt.txt" on the same directory will skip "test.txt" from being in the final return

3. you may want to change this line like so:
If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(0x11) And _GUICtrlTreeView_GetExpanded($cTreeView, $hItem) Then

so it doesn't select all under path if not expanded first

thanks

Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

- 1. Fixed: The tree is only expanded if adjusting the children.

- 2. Fixed: I had already made sure that files which included the name of another were not excluded from the precheck list so I added the same code to the final return list as well.

- 3. I cannot find that line in the code that was posted so I am not sure what you are reporting. :(>

Here is a new Beta including those fixes and which has also been modified to maximize execution speed: a lot of the checkbox related code is now conditional on checkboxes being present; the algorithm for getting the checked items into the final list now uses the existing array of data rather than re-reading the tree (a real saving); and lots of other minor changes:

<snip>

I eagerly await your customary bug reports and feature requests. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed Beta code

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

NEW VERSION 13 Mar 15

Added: When checkboxes are used, selecting or clearing an item with the Alt key selected will check/clear all items on the path higher in the tree - as long as the +512 "only show deepest on path" option is selected and other items are not checked on the same path. If the Ctrl key is pressed, all items lower in the tree will be checked/cleared as long as they have actually been expanded at least once - unexpanded items are unaffected as they do not exist in the dialog tree until they have been expanded. Pressing both Ctrl & Alt keys will affect both higher and lower items.

Again thanks to Deye for the idea and lots of beta testing. :thumbsup:

New zip in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

M23,

a big thanks for your latest fixes  :thumbsup:

I've been trying out something new for situations where I need to restart a tree-view-gui to reassess the checks, without the need to dive into the tree from the top levels

It works just for passing the idea in this example 
and it wont work on every run since its not a proper implementation

* with my tests it wont always know to load a path and not (not implemented in the UDF) expand the selected box
* on failed loads it will sometimes miss prechecks

I tryed out the $sRoot function parameter in this practice:
after the second instance of this line in the UDF
$sSelectedPath = $sRoot & _GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($g_hCFF_TreeView, $aTVCheckData[$i][0])

I have added under
Global $sSelected=$sSelectedPath

#include "ChooseFileFolder.au3"

Global $sFilePath = (@ScriptDir & "\PreCheck_List.txt"), $sFilePath, $aRet, $aPreCheck_List, $sSelected

example()

Func example()
_FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aPreCheck_List, $FRTA_NOCOUNT)
_CFF_RegMsg()
$sRet = _CFF_Choose("choose", -300, -500, -1, -1, "|" & $sSelected, Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)

If $sRet Then
_CFF_RegMsg(0)
$sRet = ""
_Write()
example()
EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>example

Func _Write()
EndFunc   ;==>_Write

I hope my requests are not too much of a botheration to you  :)

Thanks
Deye

Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

the second instance of this line in the UDF

Which is in the _CFF_Embed function which you do not call - so any changes you made are not going to affect the result. ;)

And if you amend the UDF internally then my debugging support is not guaranteed. But the script you posted (once I had fixed the recursive function call) seemed to work as I expected - what does it not do for you? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

tested with in deeper levels of the tree.., loading with $sRoot function parameter sometimes will crash the load missing some prechecks
when it doesnt crash I see no problem. only would add a minor fix for it to auto expand $sRoot (if is a directory)
Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

The following works perfectly for me and expands the selected folder: :)

#include "ChooseFileFolder.au3"
#include <File.au3>

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")

$sSelected = "m"
$sFilePath = "PreCheck.txt"
Global $aPreCheck_List

_CFF_RegMsg()

While 1
    _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $aPreCheck_List, $FRTA_NOCOUNT)
    ConsoleWrite("Root: " & "|" & $sSelected & @CRLF)
    $sRet = _CFF_Choose("choose", -300, -500, -1, -1, "|" & $sSelected, Default, 0 + 8 + 16 + 512, -1)
    If $sRet Then
        _CFF_RegMsg(0)
        _ArrayDisplay($aRet, "", Default, 8)
        ; Convert first return to a folder
        $sSelected = StringRegExpReplace($aRet[1], "(^.*)\\(.*)", "\1")
        ConsoleWrite("Selected: " & $sSelected & @CRLF)
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc
Obviously you can change any of the returned values to a folder - just change the index of the array. ;)

M23

Spoiler

M23,

most of the times it works for me too ..
as for what I meant in expanding the folder, is expanding (folding out) the selected folder in the already expanded tree

as for the crashes:
I've noticed that it is doing an expanding job in the background to get to $sRoot's path before loading the gui,
 when it crashes, it seems to take a longer phrase of time (like retrying) then its like hesitant for a few moments .., then it finally loads regularly without $sRoot expanded and with some missing former prechecks 

thanks
Deye
Edited by Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

The "longer phrase of time (like retrying) then its like hesitant for a few moments" is by design as the TreeView sometimes resists attempts to expand it and so the UDF has a few goes before giving up. If it does fail to expand the TreeView, it then just shows the basic root tree as you noticed. But I have not remarked that it then fails to set prechecked items - I will look into it when I next have a spare moment. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

I syntax-checked a script which has ChooseFileFolder.au3 included. I got a warning:

"F:AutoIt scriptsChooseFileFolder.au3"(1042,33) : warning: $aOldCheckData possibly not declared/created yet

I am using the latest version, downloaded a few hours back.

thanks for ChooseFileFolder

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard