- 1. In the _CFF_Choose dialog you can now use the "Delete" button to delete an item in the selected list. To summarise for multiple selections:
To add an item either doubleclick the TreevView or select a TreeView item and press" Add".
To delete a previously selected item, select it in either the TreeView or the list and press "Delete".
To return the list press "Return".
To abandon the selection process press "Escape"
In _CFF_Embed you still add by doubleclicking and delete by doubleclicking with Ctrl pressed as before.
Thanks to Tankbuster for prodding me to get it to work as he wanted.
- 2. If displaying files and folders, but only files can be selected, opening a folder scrolls to display the beginning of the files within even if preceded by a long list of folders. This seemed more logical as it is the files that are of interest.
Note: The UDF code uses the new Beta File.au3 include file - if you are still running 220.127.116.11 then look for the 3 lines highlighted by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and amend them as shown. You will also need my RecFileListToArray UDF which is in the zip - you do NOT need this file if you run the Beta.
Previous versions: ChangeLog.txt 7.3KB 47 downloads
I was fed up with using the native FileOpenDialog and FileSelectFolder which appeared anywhere on the screen in seemingly random sizes and often allowed users to select files from other than the path desired. So I decided to write my own version of an Explorer-type treeview and here it is: ChooseFileFolder.
What are the main advantages of this UDF over the normal dialogs?
- Common format for both file and folder selection.
- Ability to size and place the dialog where you want it rather than how Windows last left it.
- Ability to select (and delete) multiple items - even from different folders or drives. You can also select both files and folders from the same tree.
- And there is also a function to allow you to use an existing treeview in your own GUI to display the folder tree - no need to have a dialog at all.
The ChooseFileFolder UDF and examples are now too large to fit within code tags - so here is a zip file with the examples and UDF (and the RecFileListToArray UDF for those not running the Beta): ChooseFileFolder.zip 20.51KB 125 downloads
As usual happy to take feedback and, preferably, plaudits.
Edited by Melba23, 20 October 2013 - 01:07 PM.