OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support

Next question: Is the title of the warning window "Microsoft Office Outlook"?

Yup that was the first thing I checked after searching the forums for answers and found this Thread.

I wont be able to get back to this till monday though as it is all on my work computer.

Ill talk to you then.

Thank you once again for providing all this work.

David

A true renaissance man

The problem with changing window titles should be solved in the version of the UDF you use.

Next question: Do you get the tooltip when the security warning pops up? It is generated by this line:

ToolTip(@CRLF & "OL_Warning will automatically click these buttons" & @CRLF, $aOL_WinSize[0] + 50, $aOL_WinSize[1] + 70, "Don't touch")

Could you please post a screenshot of the security warning?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

I think you'll have to modify _OL_Warnings.au3 and recompile it.

For Outlook versions < Outlook 2007 we wait for a window titled "Microsoft Office Outlook". But as your screenshot shows your window is titled "Microsoft Outlook". So please change the marked line ("<==") to the correct title.

; Set window title for < Outlook 2007
If $sOL_Version <> "" Then
    Global $aVersion = StringSplit($sOL_Version, '.')
    If IsArray($aVersion) And $aVersion[1] < 12 Then $sWindowTitle = "Microsoft Office Outlook"  ; <== Should be "Microsoft Outlook"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Every one,

please let me know if we can use this UDF to conenct to outlook and perform send and Receive so that we can always make sure to get latest emails. i ran this script and system prompts the outlook authentication popup. how to automate outlook authentication popup. also, by the time, i manually enter credentials, script runs and exits.

thanks,

Jaideep

Yes, you can.

Function _OL_ItemSendReceive does what you need: "Initiates immediate delivery of all undelivered messages and immediate receipt of mail for all accounts in the current profile"

You can automate the authentication popup like any other window using AutoIt functions. The UDF - at the moment - has no such function.

Edit:

I just checked the UDF and with a small change it should be possible to pass the password to function _OL_Open.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2010 with exchange and I'm having problems sending to an internal recipient.

If I use

_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOL, "fred.blogs@local.com", "", "", "Test email", "<b>Test</b>", "", $olFormatHTML)

then the email will get sent OK.

If I use

_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOL, "Fred Blogs", "", "", "Test email", "<b>Test</b>", "", $olFormatHTML)

then the email gets stuck in the outbox without a recipient name. The recipient is a valid user on exchange and works if typed in manually.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

I just checked the code and if an error occurs the function should set @error to a value > 4000.

Can you check the value of @error after you called _OL_Wrapper_SendMail and post?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I've just looked through the UDF code and found that 4004 means "Recipient name could not be resolved" - it seems something is odd with Exchange and Outlook here - if I select the address from the GAL then it is OK. If I type the same name in and use CTRL-K to resolve it, it doesn't resolve the address properly.

If I just type in the surname and use CTRL-K, then I also don't get a list to choose from, so I'm going to put it down to something odd going on here. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

If you find a solution, please post here as a reference for future use.

Thanks!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

No problem. It's something locally on this computer - another test PC works fine.

The next problem I'm trying to solve is the outlook warnings. I've compiled _OL_Warnings.exe, shoved it in the same folder, set _ol_open() to _ol_open(true) and it does appear in the task manager when I run my script. I even see the tooltip.

The problem is that I keep seeing the tooltip - I get a loop of the script checking and unchecking the "Allow access for" check box, but never clicking "Yes". I've checked that the control button for "Yes" is named correctly using the Window info tool and all is OK.

It seems that the ControlFocus on the Yes button never occurs, but I can't workout why this would be.

Unfortunately our security settings are managed by our Exchange admin. I have to find a way how I can enable security settings here so I can check why _OL_Warnings doesn't work with Outlook 2010.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Outlook checks if there is an AntiVirus program installed. If yes then Outlook supposes security on this machine is high enough and doesn't post the security warnings.

Microsoft changed the way security warnings work with Outlook 2007 I think.

Maybe I can find the MSDN article which describes this behaviour.

Or something like this article.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm having a problem with the _OL_RuleAdd function. If i itry to create a new rule in Outlook 2003 like _OL_RuleAdd($oOL, "*", "Outlook-UDF-Test") i get an error message: "Error creating rule 1. @error = 2, @extemded: -2147352570" . In Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 it works.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Sebastian

The problem is caused by Outlook 2003. This version doesn't offer the necessary objects. The rule handling has massively changed with Outlook 2007.

I'm sorry but _OL_RuleAdd doesn't work with Outlook 2003.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.6.0 has been released.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water

I need to cleanup my "Contacts" in Outlook as it's my customer database and it's been messed up by sync software for my phone and Ipod. ;)

I was thinking the easiest way to clean them up would be to

- extract ALL entries to an Array

- Do the cleanup on the Array

- Write the cleaned up array back to contacts

I've done a little investigation but before I get too far I thought I'd ask the expert and see if I'm approaching this right or should I try something else?

Of course any code to get me going would be appreciated.

The Cleanups I want to do are things like

- Reformat Phone numbers (0712347890 -> 07 1234 7890)

- Move Phone numbers to the right fields (IE Move Numbers from Home to Business if it's a Business)

- Add Postcodes to addresses

- Remove Duplicates

- Capitalise names

Also

Write my own sync programs for other systems. (Future) :)

Thanks for any help you can give

John Morrison