UDF Version: 1.8
Description: This library allows to register function for AutoIt critical errors.
Usualy it's syntax errors, or array-related errors.
By default the UDF shows custom debug dialog, although it is not possible to perform any real debugging, but we can for example display the error message, restart application, send bug report, or just close the application.
Syntax and parameters:
Example #1 - Displaying built-in dialog when error is received:
Example #2 - Call user defined function when recieving error (script restart):
Download: OnAutoItErrorRegister.zip (Counter: )
Initial idea by jennico: AutoIt Error Handler and Debugger
Author(s): G.Sandler (MrCreatoR), jennico
- StdOut method ($bUseStdOutMethod = True) is not compatible with CUI mode.
- When using "error window catching" method ($bUseStdOutMethod = False), the error window blinks on the screen for a few milliseconds.
- This UDF executes additional process to monitor for errors, or, if to be more specific, original copy of a process used as a monitor module, and the main script (the code that should be executed) executed as additional process, then initial/original process monitors this copy of process.
- If you are using _OnAutoItErrorUnRegister when $bUseStdOutMethod = True, then standard AutoIt error message will not be displayed.
- To use the "Send bug report" feature, there is need to fill related parameters (variables) under the «User Variables» section in UDF file (check the comments of these variables), or just build your own user function.
Edited by MrCreatoR, 18 October 2012 - 02:42 PM.