Customizable Splash Screen GUI with progress bar

Ah OK. Like I said it was just a suggestion. Thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 2 weeks later...

There's a download link in the first post that points to a Dropbox location to download the UDF.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 2 weeks later...

To set the window that's created to have the OnTop style you can change change the example script in the first post.

#include "_ProgressGUI.au3"
$Return = _ProgressGUI("This is a test message xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx", 1, 30, "", 400, 300);, 4, 6)
WinSetOnTop($Return[0],"",1); <<<<<<<<<< add this line to make the first example have the "On Top" state
For $I = 1 To 100
    GUICtrlSetData($Return[1], $I)
    Sleep(100)
    If Mod($I, 2) Then GUISetBkColor(Random(0, 32767, 1), $Return[0])
Next
Sleep(2000)
GUIDelete($Return[0])
$Return = _ProgressGUI()
Sleep(4000)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 years later...

sorry to bring up a old thread but i was using your udf and wanted to change it up some and it is not work..

i  just want to do a simple countdown and no matter what i try  i get errors, have to excuse me but there wasnt many examples and i tried my best

$Return = _ProgressGUI("This is a test message xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx", 1, 30, "", 400, 300);, 4, 6)
$count=0
For $I = 1 To 100
   $count = $count + 1
    Sleep(100)

If Mod($I, 2) Then $count, $Return[0])

Next
Sleep(2000)
GUIDelete($Return[0])

$Return = _ProgressGUI("Time Left:", 1, 30, "", 400, 300);, 4, 6)
$count = 0
For $I = 100 To 0 Step -1
    Sleep(100)

GUICtrlSetData($Return[2], "Time Left: " & $I) ; $Return[2] = control ID of label
Next
    GUICtrlSetData($Return[2], "DONE!!")
Sleep(2000)
GUIDelete($Return[0])

This is probably what you're looking for.

There's no option to include a cancel button on the GUI because the label takes up all the GUI's client area other than where the progress bar goes. You would have to modify the label size created in _ProgressGUI to something like the line below and then the label will be resized accordingly.

$PBMarquee[2] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($MsgText, 20, 20, $_iXSize - 40, $_iYSize - 145) ; Change the $_iYsize value to shrink the label vertically

After that you could include a button at the bottom of the GUI, that's above the progressbar, and use that to close the splash screen.

Won't work doesn't tell me anything.

What won't work?

BTW, I use this UDF and that skin library together and they work together fine.

Edited by BrewManNH

Some of the skins that the Uskin library works with don't have progress bars, Cosmo is one of them, try a different skin and see if it works with that one.

• 1 year later...

I have updated the link to the file, and added it to the downloads section of this site.

6 hours ago, argumentum said:

is an older version. This one does not return an array.

I've updated the file again, sorry about that. I didn't realize I still had the older version laying around.

:mad2:

Another feature that can be added here is a wait Cursor when over the splash Gui   (from here)
To get a quick view of what this is doing you will first need to Comment out ;$PBMarquee[2] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($ .. In the UDF
Didn't try to hard to find out why this doesn't work with a label, maybe for some of you it's an easy fix ..

Edit: Removed the example  code as it seems that GUISetCursor(15) should be enough with GUICtrlSetState(-1 ,$GUI_DISABLE) under the label

Edited by Deye

• 1 year later...
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2011 at 5:48 AM, BrewManNH said:

Error code: 2C171/1 in downloading _ProgressGUI.au3. Please help. Thanks

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2011 at 5:48 AM, BrewManNH said:

And here's a link to the actual UDF

Please let me know if you find it useful or have suggestions. Thanks for reading. :unsure:

@gcriaco please learn how to quote. I literally have no idea what you're trying to say in that post.