Sorry I gave up on this one.
Maybe it is a "windows 2003 server" only problem.
I took a different (ugly) approach :
changed the GED_START.au3 to a simple "fire and forget" run command.
If $CmdLine = 0 Then
;RunAs("x1adm_gtt","onprvp.fgov.be","*********",1,"D:\autoit_ged\ged.exe "& $CmdLine)
$val = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'd:\autoit_ged\ged.exe '& $CmdLine, "", @SW_HIDE)
In this way the client is not affected by the (short) GED.EXE execution time.
The ugly part :
Since GED.EXE is now executed as the SYSTEM
account it does not "see" the virtual drives.
I changed GED.EXE and the resulting output files are now copied on the local server drives.
Now it gets ugly :
An always running autoitscript (GED_COPY) under a USER
account with virtual drive access pics up
the output files every minute and dumps them to the right remote location.
This GED_COPY is a "must run all the time".
to achieve this :
a scheduled task starts this script every hour (and "on server startup") to be sure it runs.
Inside GED_COPY on the first line there is:
Too bad the RUNAS fails after some time.
I did not want to use RUNASWAIT.
It also took too long to really debug a problem that only occurs after several days !
Thanks for the reply's and I am glad not to be the only one having this issue.
Edited by Gyzmok, 26 August 2011 - 08:47 AM.