Snipster - Updated 9/13/11

Beege

Data Execution Prevention. That makes sense because I have selected "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select". I'll turn it off and then try the script again.

EDIT: That was exactly the problem!

Edited by LaCastiglione

I suggested to use last version of and UDFs. The older versions may have a DEP issue.

Ward thank you I will do that right away. but just so you know, the Hash39 I'm using is the latest one you have posted, but the MemoryDLL that comes included is still has the old one. Thanks again for your awesome UDFs!!Posted Image

I didn't update Hash39 for long time, it was an old project :huh2:.

You can just replace the MemoryDll.au3 in Hash39 UDF to avoid the DEP issue.

Or use the one included in "Machine Code Algorithm Collection" if you only need MD5 hash.

新版 _ArrayAdd 的白痴作者,不管是誰,去死一死好了

I didn't update Hash39 for long time, it was an old project ;).

You can just replace the MemoryDll.au3 in Hash39 UDF to avoid the DEP issue.

Or use the one included in "Machine Code Algorithm Collection" if you only need MD5 hash.

Oh wow I should have rechecked all of yours! I just saw MD5 and went straight for it lol. I didnt realize you had one(many) that didnt need your memorydll. I already updated the memorydll so its fine for now but I will use the one from "Machine Code Algorithm Collection" on my next update. Thanks!:huh2:

Edited by Beege

Update - Added drag and drop ability to the TreeView. Any files you drag onto the Treeview will be added to whatever directory selected or the directory that the snippet you are currently viewing is in. Also changed to a different version of wards MD5. Posted Image

Edited by Beege

• 2 weeks later...

Updated! I completely rewrote the syntax highlighter for this increasing the speed greatly. Most of the time you wouldnt have noticed, but if you tried to load something as big as say Yashieds WinAPIEx UDF it would basically never finish! A good test of the syntax highlighting is just go to Autoit examples (which is the default dir for the program) and scroll through all the examples. This is a great test because you get to really see how well the second process handles all the queuing and yet always loads the one you are looking at first no matter how many items are already queued. Posted Image

Edited by Beege

Just to say that the archive is calling Sinpster_binary.zip and not Snipster_binary.zip.

Great job, thank you.

errr.. i know. I was gonna change it but then I have to delete put up a new linker html and I lose my # of downloads tracking.Posted Image But thanks for letting me know and the complement Posted Image

Edited by Beege

• 2 months later...

Hello Beege,

I'm surprised that no other member comment your work !!!

Actually, I work on CSnippet, to used au3 files instead of XML files, but I really think your work is more powerful.

Hope that jos add Snipster instead of CSnippet. :mellow:

Having said that, there still some modifications to be brought in Snipster :

- I think you should made that the dock main and edit be the default installation choice.

- On my XP machine, I have noticed that the icons of the main Windows are scissor for : Save, Refresh Treeview and ShowEdit.

- The About menu doesn't do anything !

- The edit windows should be hide after a clic on a button.

- An option is missing to deactivate the syntax coloration.

- The option windows appear sometimes out of the screen (try to put main windows on right side of your screen)...

- Maybe a print function can be useful.

- The coloration syntax fail if code is not complete or incorrect, and in status bar show a loop message.

- If we close Snipster with code windows open, on Snipster re-launch, that windows is still open with the last snips edited (I think it's not a good idea).

Two great additions would be :

- An import function of existent snips from CSnippet.

- A multilingual version of Snipster.

I doesn't know if you have time to do this, but all of that can be a great addition to make Snipster the default snips application of Scite4AutoIt. :)

Edited by Tlem

Best Regards.Thierry

Hello Beege,

I'm surprised that no other member comment your work !!!

Actually, I work on CSnippet, to used au3 files instead of XML files, but I really think your work is more powerful.

Hope that jos add Snipster instead of CSnippet. :)

Having said that, there still some modifications to be brought in Snipster :

- I think you should made that the dock main and edit be the default installation choice.

- On my XP machine, I have noticed that the icons of the main Windows are scissor for : Save, Refresh Treeview and ShowEdit.

- The About menu doesn't do anything !

- The edit windows should be hide after a clic on a button.

- An option is missing to deactivate the syntax coloration.

- The option windows appear sometimes out of the screen (try to put main windows on right side of your screen)...

- Maybe a print function can be useful.

- The coloration syntax fail if code is not complete or incorrect, and in status bar show a loop message.

- If we close Snipster with code windows open, on Snipster re-launch, that windows is still open with the last snips edited (I think it's not a good idea).

Two great additions would be :

- An import function of existent snips from CSnippet.

- A multilingual version of Snipster.

I doesn't know if you have time to do this, but all of that can be a great addition to make Snipster the default snips application of Scite4AutoIt. :)

Tlem

Thank you very much for your feedback and your ideas. I really like the idea of a converter from csnippet xml. I will look into all of them.

When it comes to multilingual, what controls do I need to look at? Is it just the treeview or do I need to look at all?

Do you think you could post the code that the syntax color messed up on?

I need to set up a vm xp to see about the toolbar icons and I just never got to the About box. Guess I should hide it until it does something.

Im confused when you said "on Snipster re-launch, that windows is still open with the last snips edited". Can you elaborate?

Thanks again :mellow:

Hello Beege,

for the converter, it's really simple. Just add and use _XMLDomWrapper.au3 that you can find in CSnippet source.

For the multilingual, I think you must replace all viewed text by a defined variable, or a function that read in xml file by example (like Koda). It's your choice. A simple text file can do the same ...

For the syntax color messed up, I have used a part of your code, but unfortunately, I don't remember the exact lines.

For icons, you just have to look on XP shell32.DLL.

shell32.dll", 258 (save)

shell32.dll", 238 (refresh)

shell32.dll", 252 (show)

are not a good choice for XP because the last icon in XP shell32.dll is the number 238. ^^

My suggestions for XP (and Seven) use :

shell32.dll", 6 (save)

shell32.dll", 87 (refresh)

shell32.dll", 134 (show)

Im confused when you said "on Snipster re-launch, that windows is still open with the last snips edited". Can you elaborate?

I will try :

Open Snipster and open a snips to see the code. Now close by the main windows, and launch Snipster again.

When it open, the code Windows and the snips are still open. We must close Windows code to have only main windows on Snipster launch.

When you lauch Snipster, the last snippet is opened and the windows code is allway visible (really very irritating) !!

Another good addition would be the check of the position of the main Windows on startup (Get main windows size and check if it fit on the desktop resolution).

I think that the 'Warm before deletion' must be by default and if a folder is chosen, then this option must be compulsory whith an additional warm that prevent the deletion of all included snips.

I think too, that the main snips folder should never be deleted.

I know that all is send in the bin, but in case of false manipulation, it would be appreciated.

Like CSnippet, an 'auto-capture' of text put in clipboard whould be appreciated instead of past action on blank edit code windows.

And after each action like 'Save', 'Copy to clip', 'Run Snippet' and 'edit in Scite', the code windows should disapear ...

Best Regards.Thierry

For the multilingual, I think you must replace all viewed text by a defined variable, or a function that read in xml file by example (like Koda). It's your choice. A simple text file can do the same ...

You lost me when you mentioned reading an xml file. I thought this had something to do with some of the code not being written to support unicode?

I'll fix the toolbar icons and change the way the windows hide and un-hide. You suggest anytime the program goes from hidden to unhidden the edit window will remain hidden regardless of weather it was being shown before correct?

Another good addition would be the check of the position of the main Windows on startup (Get main windows size and check if it fit on the desktop resolution).

On very first startup the program should be in the center of the screen. After that it should always restore both size and postition to whatever it was when closed. Are you talking about the very first startup?

I think that the 'Warm before deletion' must be by default and if a folder is chosen, then this option must be compulsory whith an additional warm that prevent the deletion of all included snips.

I think too, that the main snips folder should never be deleted.

I know that all is send in the bin, but in case of false manipulation, it would be appreciated.

I like the idea of not being able to delete the main folder. I honestly never thought of how the program will react if the default folder ends up missing. :mellow: As for all the warning, I could put some more options in there but really never worried to much because Im only sending the files to the recyle bin. There not actually deleted like when filedelete() is used.

Like CSnippet, an 'auto-capture' of text put in clipboard whould be appreciated instead of past action on blank edit code windows.

Theres a hotkey function installed already that I think does what your asking. Go under hotkeys and set "Create new from Clipboard".

And after each action like 'Save', 'Copy to clip', 'Run Snippet' and 'edit in Scite', the code windows should disapear ...

Good idea :)

the edit window will remain hidden regardless of weather it was being shown before correct?

It's the idea.

After that it should always restore both size and postition to whatever it was when closed. Are you talking about the very first startup?

No, remember that in Windows we can change the resolution of the screen. What's append if you go to 1024X768 from 1280X1024 with Snipster on the right side of the screen ?

And If you put Snipster on right side of the screen, there is a problem with the position of the settings windows (it goes out of the screen).

Best Regards.Thierry

It's the idea.

No, remember that in Windows we can change the resolution of the screen. What's append if you go to 1024X768 from 1280X1024 with Snipster on the right side of the screen ?

And If you put Snipster on right side of the screen, there is a problem with the position of the settings windows (it goes out of the screen).

Got a couple of them done. A converter form csnippet is probably what Ill work on next. :graduated:

I think that is the easiest part of what I suggest (with _XMLDomWrapper.au3).

This is how Csnippet do :

If FileExists($sFile) Then
   _XMLFileOpen($sFile)
   If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096 + 262144, "Error", _XMLError())
    Return ""
   EndIf
   $t_code = _XMLGetValue("//Code")
   If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096 + 262144, "Error", _XMLError())
    Return ""
   EndIf
   If IsArray($t_code) Then
    For $x = 0 To UBound($t_code) - 1
     $s_code = $s_code & StringReplace(StringReplace($t_code[$x], @CR, "", 0), @LF, @CRLF, 0)
    Next
   EndIf
   Return $s_code
  EndIf

Best Regards.Thierry

Hello Beege,

On the last version, you make positioning control of the main windows, but you forget the Settings windows !!!

The 'Warm before deleting' must be activate on the first install (and in my opinion the Set on top attribute).

You should probably determinate default hotkeys set.

With CSnippet, I have noticed that on Windows 7 (but not only) if we haven't admin right, writting, deleting and configuring doesn't work. I think it's the same think with Snipster. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add information about that.

Best Regards.Thierry

Tlem

The settings windows is set to appear just a little bit left and down from the wherever the main window is positioned. This way it pops up right next to the menu item they just selected. It should be possible for the window to appear off the screen.

The 'Warm before deleting' must be activate on the first install (and in my opinion the Set on top attribute). You should probably determinate default hotkeys set.

Ill definatly do some of that. I think ill create a intro box that shows only the very first run that tells the user the current default hotkeys and settings, and then gives them an choice to bring up the settting menu to change it the way they want it.

With CSnippet, I have noticed that on Windows 7 (but not only) if we haven't admin right, writting, deleting and configuring doesn't work. I think it's the same think with Snipster. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add information about that.

Wait your saying in Windows 7 you have to run your scripts in admin mode in order to use filewrite()? :graduated: That cant be right. Where is the app located? There might be some of these problems if its being ran from the system programs folder.

New update availiable. :graduated:

- Added cSnippet import function

- changed delete warning to be enabled by default (under file menu)

- also got around to making a small "About Box"

Edited by Beege

• 6 months later...

Hello, it would be convenient if you could create a default code snippet folder after you first run this. It seems it gets stuck and that there is no GUI after you choose to select default snippet folder but then you realize that you want to create a new one and you cancel the browse dialog to do it manually.

Also I cannot compile it because SyntaxConverter.a3x is missing.

Edited by LoWang