New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.27

Jos

Thanks for your continued efforts Jos.

BTW do you or anyone else know which Scite setting to tweek to force UTF-8 encoding for every new .AU3 file?

I'd rather ask here than mess myself with working settings and have it act strange...

You have to set code.page to 65001

http://blog.valtersboze.com/2008/03/scite-default-encoding-to-utf-8/

Edit: This affects all files created with File->New in SciTE. If you want the template (ExplorerContext -> New -> AutoItScript) in UTF-8, then just modify the template file and save it as UTF-8.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

I guess you mean this:

# Unicode

code.page=65001

#code.page=0

This setting I've recommending myself to every user having issues with non-latin use.

But this doesn't force UTF-8 + BOM encoding for new files, which all default to "Code Page Property".

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Ok, this results in UTF-8 without BOM. You will have to write a LUA script I suppose.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• Developers

BTW do you or anyone else know which Scite setting to tweek to force UTF-8 encoding for every new .AU3 file?

I'd rather ask here than mess myself with working settings and have it act strange...

I had to check too and found this thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/scite-interest@lyra.org/msg03863.html

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for taking the time Jos.

I tried creating the .lua file and adding

-- Set default UTF-8 encoding for any new file

LoadLuaFile("new_as_utf8bom.lua")

following the other loaded lua files (so that it doesn't bark and actually finds the new_as_utf8bom.lua file) but to no avail: it doesn't work.

Well, don't waste more time on this. The trick is just to avoid forgetting switching to UTF-8.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• Developers

Thanks for taking the time Jos.

I tried creating the .lua file and adding

-- Set default UTF-8 encoding for any new file

LoadLuaFile("new_as_utf8bom.lua")

following the other loaded lua files (so that it doesn't bark and actually finds the new_as_utf8bom.lua file) but to no avail: it doesn't work.

Well, don't waste more time on this. The trick is just to avoid forgetting switching to UTF-8.

mmm.. tested the LUA script to learn that the OnOpen and OnSwitchFile events do not fire when the New button is pressed.

So the found Lua script doesn't do much.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks again for looking anyway.

I might be remebering this all wrong but it seems to me that Scite >> (File menu >> Open Selected File Name) used to work on any private folders in the registry key/value

"HKCU\Software\AutoIt v3\AutoIt" include. This is no longer the case.

I use a separate foder in @MyDocumentsDir to hold the custom and non-standard UDFs and the files are always found. I just can't open them using that command in SciTe.

Did that change or is my mind finally over the edge?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Moderators

George,

Still works for me - I can open standard and personal includes with that menu command (and Alt-I). :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Just tested again and it seems it is only failing on one file (so far) and that's WinAPIEx.au3

If you have that file in your personal includes could you please try it?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

After I manually added the custom directories to openpath, all shortcuts and menucommands are working.

Edit: Also no problems with WinAPIEx.

Edited by ProgAndy

• Moderators

George,

Yashied's UDF opens fine for me using either method. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

It opens here fine as well.

Does anyone know if CTRL+SHIFT+S saves all folds & bookmarks, with this version ?

I have not been able to do it with any recent scite version, it keeps restyling the document, & I lose all folds & bookmarks.

Thanks M23 and j-c. That one still won't open for me. I just downloaded a fresh copy yesterday and I've seen idiotic things like this before so i'll do a system restart and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it then I'll just put it down to Jos uploaded a broken version just for me. What a guy, he always gives me such special treatment.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

I finally got around to a restart and lo and behold SciTe tells me that it can't find the file and yet it will call the functions fine and it doesn't error out if I run the script.

Next step is boot into 7 and see if I still have the issue in there because the registry points to the same location. If I still have the problem then Jos broke it just for me because he likes to give me special consideration.

George

@GEOSoft

Have you updated the

openpath.$(au3)

and

openpath.beta.$(au3)

variables either in au3.properties or SciTEUser.properties? The scripts to open the include files and jump to function definitions use those variables, not the registry key.

Edited by wraithdu

Thanks.

I'll have a look at those as well. It's probably au3.properties. I've had path issues with that one before.

George

actually those paths seem to be right but they are for the Standars UDFs only. My issue is with the Personal UDFs that are in another folder and the only place I know that stores that is the registry. I still haven't gone to W7 to see what is happening in there.

George

You have to add the UDFs to the variables:

openpath.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\include;D:\Dokumente\AutoIt3\UDF
openpath.beta.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\beta\include;D:\Dokumente\AutoIt3\UDF