New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.27

Jos

Well I can't go changing USERPROFILE. That's a Windows provided variable.

I hate how cross-platform apps will just dump things in the user profile folder on Windows instead of putting them in AppData where they go.

Changing %USERPROFILE% with EnvSet should work without affecting other applications.

EnvSet("USERPOFILE", @AppDataDir)
Run("SciTe.exe", "...")

If you create a customized SciTe-build, you could modify the code, too :mellow:

Edit: Why don't you use SciTE_HOME?

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

You can change where SciTE saves the user.properties file by setting an environment variable "SciTE_HOME" and setting the folder you want them saved to with it. If you set it to where you have SciTE running from all of the property files will be looked for in that folder.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

That's what I do for AutoIt Portable.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Looks like I probebly should have Bolted both options. :mellow:

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

@Jos

It would be nice if Find in Files defaults to searching in "*.au3" instead of "*.c *.cxx *.h", could you change that? :mellow:

Its a setting that comes with the standard SciTE installation and can be easily changed by adding this line in your SciTEUser.properties:

find.files=*.au3

I will make the change in the SciTEGlobal.properties for the next release.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Any one know some possible 'source code' cases than might trigger Obfuscator to generate a empty Obfuscated file. :mellow:

Eliminated:

- local Scite settings(mods).

- path as source.

- filename as source.

- Obfucator settings.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/striponly
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
- ?

---

Just in case. Code itself runs fine from Scite. (with #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7)

---

just in case 2:

>"C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0.au3"
+>18:33:51 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.3.0    Environment(Language:0413  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
-> 2 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3
+>18:34:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running Obfuscator (1.0.29.2)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE cmdline:
- Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  2287 lines and stripped 2245 lines
- Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  0 lines and stripped 0 lines
+> Source    13847 lines 793078 Characters.
+> Stripped  2245 Func/Var lines and  9176 comment lines, Total 696016 Characters.
+> Saved     82% lines 87% Characters.
+> Obfuscator v1.0.29.2 finished created:D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0_Obfuscated.au3
>Running AU3Check for obfuscated file(1.54.19.0)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3
+>18:34:15 AU3Check Obfuscated code ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0_Obfuscated.au3" /out "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>18:34:16 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999
>Exit code: 0    Time: 26.300
Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0_Obfuscated.au3" /out "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>18:34:16 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999
>Exit code: 0    Time: 26.300

AutoIt3Wrapper will check if the output file is really created by aut2exe which is what is failing here.

Maybe your AV kicking in here?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe your AV kicking in here?

Unlikely. Location is excluded from AV. ...

+ That don't explain the empty(zero-byte) "<script>_Obfuscated.au3" file.

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Yea, that could do it .....

You are sure you don't have just Funcs in this file without any statement calling a Func?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Not to sure what you mean.

I don't have any empty functions if that's what you asking.

Mmm, I'm using Adlib, but changed all the empty AdlibUnRegister() calls to AdlibUnRegister('<functionname>') as requested by Obfuscator. (so before getting to the final build process)

GUISetOnEvent() and all GUICtrlSetOnEvent()'s also have proper function-name strings.

- any Obfuscator debug setting you like me to try ?

Knock Knock ...

Mmm, Its related to something inside a comment-block.

Like to now what, if I find the trigger ? (got it)

Knock Knock ...

Its the (trailing) comment block itself. :mellow:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/striponly
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
MsgBox(0,'MsgBox','MsgBox')
#cs
#ce
>"C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3"
+>20:13:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.3.0    Environment(Language:0413  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3  CPU:X86 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3
+>20:13:45 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running Obfuscator (1.0.29.2)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3\SciTE cmdline:
- Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  1 lines and stripped 0 lines
- Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  0 lines and stripped 0 lines
+> Obfuscator v1.0.29.2 finished obfuscating 0 lines, stripped 5 comment lines. created:D:\_CODE_\AUTOIT\__TMP_0_Obfuscated.au3
>Running AU3Check for obfuscated file(1.54.19.0)  from:C:\PROG_CODE\AutoIt3
+>20:13:46 AU3Check Obfuscated code ended.rc:0
!>20:13:47 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.546

Solved.

Knock Knock ...

Though it was fixed (deleted that msg).

But that was with two trailing newlines after the last commend block.

But with none, or one, trialing newline, The build still error's out.

Knock Knock ...

Not sure what else might play a role in this on my side.

If you think of something I will test it.

Will let it rest for a day or so, and see if I can find something by testing it on some other systems.

---

Other than that. I can live with it. (knowing now how its triggered.)

Knock Knock ...