PasteBin (powered by PasteBin)

guinness

Thanks for this tool (I forgot your pm )

No problem, you were busy. When I started developing this the API was the basic version & user accounts didn't exist, so it was great documenting uploading paste's. So of course when the author updated the API I felt all my hard work was for nothing, but then I had a change of heart.

Install the offical tool of Pastebin Desktop, then copy the installing dir of 'Pastebin Desktop' to USB drive: it's portable now!

Other way to get portable version: unpack the PastebinDesktop.exe to your USB drive!

Writes settings.set to the %APPDATA% Folder, therefore by PortableFreeware.com definition it's not Portable.

Please post source code here. Your code could improve our writing AU3 level

As I mentioned in my initial post most of the Functions are in my signature e.g. Exporting to HTML, CSV, TXT & XML are all in my signature as well as displaying the Password in an input, I therefore won't be posting the source code! If you're not happy with this then I'm sorry.

I do have open source applications available (just look around,) but with this application I felt my time & effort would not be fully appreciated by those using my source code.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

guinness

One behavioral point, in case its not intentional.

To pickup added PasteBin(web) entries (not added with your PasteBin tool(current config)). The only way to get the List updated with those new entries seems to be to (logout and) manually re-login.

Or: if List-Refresh is suppose to pull them from the web, it seems to fail to do so for those new entries for some reason.

O wait ... whats [Error_Ref 1007]?

A "test" file (that was added with the official PasteBin-desktop app) was giving a consisted [Error_Ref 1007] when trying to delete it from your PasteBin. (No such problem with items that where added from web or your PasteBin.)

("Developer API Key" clash?)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

One behavioral point, in case its not intentional.

To pickup added PasteBin(web) entries (not added with your PasteBin tool(current config)). The only way to get the List updated with those new entries seems to be to (logout and) manually re-login.

Or: if List-Refresh is suppose to pull them from the web, it seems to fail to do so for those new entries for some reason.

This was something I was planning on adding in a future release, currently Refresh works by reading the UserDetails.dat only. My real reason for this was because I didn't want to poll the PasteBin website that much, considering it's a new application and I want to gain the trust of the author. ;) I hope you understand. But when I start working on V1.0.0.1 this will be added, trust me.

O wait ... whats [Error_Ref 1007]?

A "test" file (that was added with the official PasteBin-desktop app) was giving a consisted [Error_Ref 1007] when trying to delete it from your PasteBin. (No such problem with items that where added from web or your PasteBin.)

("Developer API Key" clash?)

That error means you don't have permission to delete the paste, possibly because PasteBin Desktop (official) i.e. Developer API locks itself to that paste ID. Though it doesn't mention anything in the API FAQ.

Thanks for testing btw :)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

My real reason for this was because I didn't want to poll the PasteBin website that much,

It crossed my mind. :)

considering it's a new application and I want to gain the trust of the author. :D I hope you understand.

Completely.

But when I start working on V1.0.0.1 this will be added, trust me.

;)

That error means you don't have permission to delete the paste, possibly because PasteBin Desktop (official) i.e. Developer API locks itself to that paste ID. Though it doesn't mention anything in the API FAQ.

Kinda as expected. Although it makes sense there might be some time limit to that lock. ...

Thanks for testing btw ;)

Your welcome.

later ... Posted Image

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

Although it makes sense there might be some time limit to that lock. ...

Yep. There is (n<11h). Not very precise. But at least there not indefinitely locked.

Knock Knock ...

Yep. There is (n<11h). Not very precise. But at least there not indefinitely locked.

It's something at least. Thanks for working it out, I will add to the Readme file in case someone comes across this problem in the future. For those developers that want to tie PasteBin.com to their application then I can see the benefit, but I prefer to have other options available to me & not be roped into one product. :)

UDF List:

• Developers

hi

source code please

You better about this before continuing down this path. thought they were pretty clear ...no?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks Jos :)

iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u - I will post here when I've updated the application again, it should have many new features.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Roger. :) (no rush)

Took the time to read the PasteBin API FAQ. And, yea, its kinda lacking special additional information. ;)

Knock Knock ...

• 2 months later...

The download can be found in the original post.

Changelog:

- ADDED: Refresh by downloading the list from Online and not checking the User/UserDetails.dat file.

- IMPROVED: HTML output.

- IMPROVED: UI to be more responsive.

- IMPROVED: Update Language & Settings on the fly.

UDF List:

• 5 months later...

The download can be found in the original post.

- ADDED: Automatically convert the INI file if currently not unicode.

- ADDED: If using the Portable version of PasteBin and moving from different monitors, PasteBin will now check whether the GUI is out of bounds and move accordingly.

- ADDED: New Help file (CHM), use hotkey F1 to access.

- FIXED: Undocumented bugs as well as general source code layout.

- IMPROVED: Installer, now PasteBin comes with an installer to either install or use as a portable application.

- IMPROVED: Overall memory consumption and CPU usage.

- IMPROVED: SignIn UI by reducing size and adding input labels.

- UPDATED: Internal code to use the latest API of PasteBin.com V3.1 - (http://pastebin.com/CvkvsTxL)

UDF List:

5 stars from me!

One recommendation though, I saved it to my tool bank and noticed that it's creating an ini file called settings, you should make it create the ini file using its unique name, just like reshacker creates an ini called reshacker.ini.

Doesn't really matter but it's one of "those" things that bug me, otherwise it's great!

Thanks. Don't you have it in a separate folder called PasteBin?

UDF List:

Thanks. Don't you have it in a separate folder called PasteBin?

Nope, I downloaded it, selected portable mode, deleted all other files and it seemed to work, then dumped it into a folder where I have a lot of other handy apps and created a link for it on my desktop, it's an old bad habit I guess.

I just like being able to see the unique icons for each file, I don't know why..

Edited by ApudAngelorum

OK, we're two different types of Portable users. I'll add it to my todo list to accept the file being renamed to PasteBin.ini. Is that OK?

UDF List:

I've re-uploaded (no version change) as a user sent me a language update. Now you can rename Settings.ini to PasteBin.ini ApudAngelorum. Thanks.

UDF List:

• 3 weeks later...

Updated. The download can be found in the original post.

- ADDED: Now Pro users connect to https rather than http.

- FIXED: Hard crash when using the 64-bit version and changing the language.

- FIXED: Now unlisted pastes are shown in the list.

- IMPROVED: Internal code to accommodate for the latest API of PasteBin V3.1.

- IMPROVED: Internal icons and images provided by PasteBin.com.

UDF List: