This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

[SOLVED] FileSetAttrib - Variable & Macro

FileSetAttrib variable macro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnmcloud

johnmcloud

Not an AutoIt MVPs (MVP)

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

Hi guys, i have a question.
Why this work:

FileSetAttrib("C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Xp\Desktop\Test", "+SH",1)

And this not?
$Folder="test" FileSetAttrib('"' & @WorkingDir & "\" & $Folder & '"', "+SH",1)

Is a limitation or my error?
Thanks for support

Edited by johnmcloud, 22 December 2011 - 09:16 AM.

#2 johnmcloud

johnmcloud

Not an AutoIt MVPs (MVP)

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

The only reason that wouldn't work is if @WorkingDir isn't the directory you think it is.

Uh? Is the same directory, i have create a "Test" folder. Take a look:
$NewFolder="Test" MsgBox(0,0,'"' & @WorkingDir & "" & $NewFolder & '"')

The result is the same dir of the script with full path, so is the same.

Edited by johnmcloud, 22 December 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#3 Melba23

Melba23

I'm old - what's your excuse?

• Moderators
  • 21,823 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:
FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

#4 johnmcloud

johnmcloud

Not an AutoIt MVPs (MVP)

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:

FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23

You have right, i have made the " " becouse i have try without it and not work. The problem was in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib, withuot it i don't know why don't work on my system, maybe becouse the folder has a long name.
Thanks all

#5 Melba23

Melba23

I'm old - what's your excuse?

• Moderators
  • 21,823 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

johnmcloud,

in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib

You have to give the system time to recognize the new folder. :)

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FileSetAttrib, variable, macro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users