Report Help File Issues Here

guinness

This thread is to be used for reporting issues and/or code improvements for the AutoIt Help file only.

Up until now those that have posted have done so in a clear and concise manner, so lets keep it that way. If this starts to deviate in any way then I will be forced to adopt a similar approach as Trac does.

Issue with AutoIt:

For reporting an issue with AutoIt ensure you've isolated the problem in a small script that reproduces the error, assessed in the General Help and Support Forum that it's not a problem with poorly written code and then if none of those fix the problem post to Trac for an AutoIt Developer to assess the issue.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Help File Documentation - Reference to Windows 95

There is a reference to a fail situation in the Limits/Defaults section regarding values greater than 32768 in respect of WINTEXTBUFFER.

As support for Windows '98 is gone then I thought that reference to W '95 was also no longer needed in the help file.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/appendix/LimitsDefaults.htm

Apologies if this is too minor an issue to mention.

Regards,

DeMo.

Quote of the week:"BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN." -- UnknownWisdom of the ages:

• I'd be unstoppable... if not for law enforcement and physics.
  • Marriage, the number 1 cause of divorce.
  • Don't steal... the government hates competition.
  • Irish Government Motto: We’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got.
  • Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.-- Ferenc Mantfeld
  • If you learn from your mistakes, then why ain't I a genius?! -- Anonymous
  • Remember, live every day as if it was your last day! one day you will be right.
  • How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
  • Sure my system is secure, it just locked up again.
  • I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.  ~Author Unknown

Thanks, I've removed for now until a Dev says otherwise.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks AZJIO, but honestly I can't read the file, the text I see aren't Russian characters but random characters.

UDF List:

@guinness

After applying "$ iconv -f cp1251 -t UTF-8 StringRegExp.txt > sre.txt" I obtained the file below (I added an UTF-8 BOM for safety).

I don't know if that was the right input encoding, but perhaps it will make some sense to you.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

The text below could be applied in the variables of examples too!

Variable Names
The first set of characters after the dollar sign (“$”) should be used to specify the type of data that will be held in it. The following list signifies the different prefixes and their data type significance.
$a - Array (the following letter describes the data type taken from the rest of the data types below)
$b - Binary data
$h - File or window handle
$i - Integer
$f - Boolean
$n - Floating point number
$s - String
$v - Variant (unknown/variable type of data)
The rest of the name uses capitalized words to describe the function of the variable. Names like “$iC” are unacceptable. "$aiWeekDayNames" or "$iCounter" are much preferable.
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/udfs/UDF_Standards.htm

See:

Local $bool = False
If Not $bool = True Then MsgBox(0, "Bool comparison", "OK")

And

Local $pos = MouseGetPos()
MsgBox(0, "Mouse x,y:", $pos[0] & "," & $pos[1])

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by jscript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

The text below could be applied in the variables of examples too!

Variable Names
The first set of characters after the dollar sign (“$”) should be used to specify the type of data that will be held in it. The following list signifies the different prefixes and their data type significance.
$a - Array (the following letter describes the data type taken from the rest of the data types below)
$b - Binary data
$h - File or window handle
$i - Integer
$f - Boolean
$n - Floating point number
$s - String
$v - Variant (unknown/variable type of data)
The rest of the name uses capitalized words to describe the function of the variable. Names like “$iC” are unacceptable. "$aiWeekDayNames" or "$iCounter" are much preferable.

This would be helpfull for the lessor mortals as im trying to learn to add these atm and i couldn't find this list

Plus could we have a little breakdown of what each type means?

I hate maths and i dont understand boolean or floating point number etc

i think binary is 0's and 1's y?

@jchd - I used Notepad2 to change the encoding and selected Unicode, seems I needed to select the 'Unicode with Signature' option, thanks for converting.

@jscript - It's work in progress, you'll see some examples have been tidied up e.g. DriveGet/Set functions, but these are primarily for creating UDFs and don't necessarily have to apply to the Help examples, though it does help with debugging to know what variable returns what data type.

@AZJIO - Thanks, I will have a look at those.

@Chimaera - This isn't a requirement for when coding with AutoIt, but it can help to tidy up your code and is useful for UDFs, since anyone who comes across it for the first time can see what variable is what, for example a string, boolean (True or False), array etc...and perhaps some good reading >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point

UDF List:

@Chimaera - This isn't a requirement for when coding with AutoIt, but it can help to tidy up your code and is useful for UDFs, since anyone who comes across it for the first time can see what variable is what, for example a string, boolean (True or False), array etc...and perhaps some good reading >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point

I know its not a requirement m8 just thought it would be usefull in plain sight to encourage good practice

Thanks for the link but my eyes glazed over by the third line Significant digits × baseexponent WTF :) Ill stay stoopid much easier and please don't bother to explain it.....

I know its not a requirement m8 just thought it would be usefull in plain sight to encourage good practice

If people are interested then they will find it as this can be easily found in the AutoIt wiki.

Also you've probably seen this already >> http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/UDF-spec

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Ok ive looking for a while m8 several months, i remembered seeing a convo about it with Melba where someone expalined all the bits but never been able to find it since

But thanks for having a look

See my edit above.

UDF List:

Compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / 7

UDF List:

From the help file for FileFindFirstFile:

?? seems equivalent to * (not described in Microsoft documentation).

That does not work in any implementation in Windows, it doesn't even work that way in Autoit3. I tried it with the example script for FileFindFirstFile, and it didn't give the same results as if I had used "*".

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

there are a few things about wildcards that are questionable but I'm not sure they need changing since even MS can't keep it straight.

Example;

Windows will read "*.*" as "*". It totally ignors the "." and always has.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Very silly!. I'm pressuming '*>>>anything inbetween wildcards<<<*' is not supported. I'll have to run some tests on this to find out.

Edit

Manadar's next post explains a lot, although using multiple wildcards with different software still seems a hit and miss affair to me.

Edited by czardas