New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

I am not interested yet to upgrade to the next version of SciTE.. too new to guarantee stability.

I no longer agree with this statement. The majority of the new features in SciTE should be stable at this point. The latest features centering around background saving and loading are probably the most unstable things but they are optional and can be disabled. For AutoIt they can be disabled since scripts are not very large (Not in the MB's range) which is what benefits most from background activity.

In other words I think it's probably safe to upgrade to SciTE 3.x as long as the background saving and loading are disabled.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Ok, you are talking about SciTEConfig and I see what you mean now.

Give the current version in the Beta directory a try.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm getting the color picker window (_ChooseColor()) when I select in SciTE: Tools -> SciTE Config -> Check SciTE4AutoIt3 Updates -> Ok (No updates available).

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Developers

I'm getting the color picker window (_ChooseColor()) when I select in SciTE: Tools -> SciTE Config -> Check SciTE4AutoIt3 Updates -> Ok (No updates available).

Will be fixed in v1.6.8.3.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

In version 2.28 a lot of the function names don't pop up as you are typing them as they do in 2.27

Nor do the call tips, I haven't noticed a pattern but it includes some, but not all, of both native

and standard UDF functions.

Anyone else noticed this?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Mmm, taking a peek at it in a 'really' clean XP-vbox with Autoit 3.3.8.0 and Scite4Autoit 2.28. But I don't see anything odd that jumps out.

Got a example case?

---

Dropped the content of the "au3.keywords.properties" file in a dummy au3 file, and all words highlighted ok. And pop up work ok to.

Looks like something special/local.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

I'm having an abbreviation expansion problem now. Abbreviations like 'cw' for ConsoleWrite are not highlighted and do not expand on 'space', but will expand on Ctrl+B. Previously, they were highlighted red and expanded on 'space'. I checked SciteConfig and the highlighting color is set properly. And I'm running the latest versions of SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll from the beta directory.

Edited by wraithdu

Seems the "...AutoIt3SciTEPropertiesau3.keywords.abbreviations.properties" file is missing.

(re-adding it fixes the activation with SPACE problem.)

---

mmm, Also in "..AutoIt3SciTEPropertiesau3.properties" the abbreviation style is missing.

(But adding it however will not add the highlighting of abbreviations. Feels like WIP to me.)

# Expand abbreviations
style.au3.13=fore:#FF0000,bold

---

... Highlight part eludes me ...

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Iam aware that the abbrev color was missing from the new color scheme, but will check on the missing file.

Cheers

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Seems the "...AutoIt3SciTEPropertiesau3.keywords.abbreviations.properties" file is missing.

Nice find :) The prop file is missing from the installer, but exists in the standalone zip file (which is weird in itself, it has some extraneous files, like it's a zipped up live installation).

I customized the color scheme with SciteConfig, so the abbrev highlight style is added to my user prop file... and it does work.

I customized the color scheme with SciteConfig, so the abbrev highlight style is added to my user prop file... and it does work.

Posted Image ... I knew I forgot to check something.

Knock Knock ...

Thanks for the update!

Is SciTE4AutoIt3 source/Repository available somewhere ?

I need an updated SciTeLexAU3.cxx (the one used in regular Scite is quite outdated right?)

Just tried it, but I get the same problem as with Regular Scite:

If (for example)I have a #Region Defined & it has Functions inside it,or any linebreaks, If I use a #cs/#ce comment on it,

the Internal folds used are destroyed, the block cannot be completely folded, some folds remain where others are set to unfolded.

Edited by Zip

• Developers

Are you planning to built youre own scilexer.dll ?

Eiher way, i can upload the source when you want but will be a couple of days before i have the access as i am traveling.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yes, as I had done some changes for my own use to Scite.

Eiher way, i can upload the source when you want but will be a couple of days before i have the access as i am traveling.

that'Il be great, thanks a lot ! Edited by Zip

• Developers

Yes, as I had done some changes for my own use to Scite.

You're now confusing me.

Do you want the lexer changes lexau3.cxx which are part of Scintilla.dll, or do you also want the changes we have made to our SciTE source?

When you just an updated version of SciTE you could use our version of Scintilla.dll.

Jos

AU3 Lexer update is attached.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Welcome back - but Tidy Beta 2.2.1.8 has some problems. :)

I normally use Ctrl-click on the [+] next to the #region directives to collapse everything inside of them. When I do this with 2.2.1.8, Tidy is not refolding all of the folds in the script (it misses about half).

If I manually fold all the top-level folds within a #region, Tidy 2.2.1.8 does not then refold the #region although it does refold the top-level folds within it.

Tidy 2.2.1.7 works perfectly - at least as far as I am concerned. ;)

2.2.1.8 also writes literally hundreds of "Sleep: #" lines to the SciTE lower pane - I got 241 from a 1500 line script.

Bet you wish you were still in the sunny South! :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

The "only" thing I changed was adding a GOTO to jump to the line first before doing the "ToggleFold" command because it was reported that the TogleFold didn't work when it was a long way away from the current line.

The Sleep() printing is indeed a debug line that is still there.

I will have a play to see if I can reproduce this....( Will keep me awake)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.