New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

If referring to the Do/Until with no in between code, this was just an attempt to show a short example to make the problem visible, not meant for code review per se, (youll get the exact same problems with code in between the lines,btw ..)

looking at the the screenshots should reveal folding issues are several, (have a close look, at the IFs comment for example to see what I mean.), & then theres the unfolding issue, I also mentioned.

Edited by Zip

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

As mentioned in the post above yours: I think i got it fixed but will need some time to test more.

Its now time to catch some sleep after a very long day and crossing 6 timezones. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

As mentioned in the post above yours: I think i got it fixed but will need some time to test more.

Its now time to catch some sleep after a very long day and crossing 6 timezones. :)

Oops, Missed your post while writing mine replying to the one before yours, great, thanks again, all the best.

• Developers

Believe I got it mostly working now so appreciate when you can do some testing with the current SciLexer.dll available in the Beta directory to see if it all works now for both "fold.comment=1" and "fold.comment=2"

Cheers,

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm not sure if here is a good place for this, apologize if i'm hijacking the thread, i just have some suggestions.

I think it can be a good change if we use the Visual Studio's standard for the SciTE editor, i mean the Font ( Consolas ), Font-Size ( 10 ) and Colors.

As the help file that recently changed to MSDN style the Editor can change as well, then it will be more user friendly and maybe standard.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but i changed everything ( Font, Colors etc ) to VS 2010 style and now i'm happier while coding in SciTE.

You know, i always care so much about standards! :)

In the release version 2.28 I was having a few issues, which cleared up only after un/re-installing both autoit and scite4autoit.

If I click on a region for example with ctrl held, everything folds in that region

funcs

if...endif

while wend

do until

etc...

And unfolds properly just the same.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Developers

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but i changed everything ( Font, Colors etc ) to VS 2010 style and now i'm happier while coding in SciTE.

You know, i always care so much about standards! :)

Are you not using the latest standard color settings?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

In the release version 2.28 I was having a few issues, which cleared up only after un/re-installing both autoit and scite4autoit.

If I click on a region for example with ctrl held, everything folds in that region

funcs

if...endif

while wend

do until

etc...

And unfolds properly just the same.

Not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me but let me know when you still have issues.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm definitly not. I'm back to using my custom scheme.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me but let me know when you still have issues.

I meant, the issues which are reported regarding folding do not exist for me.

It folds all and unfolds all just fine.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Consolas isn't available on all systems. Probably just Windows XP without Visual Studio and without Office installed.

Also, Consolas? Ugh. Nice font... for fixed width. I use it as my fixed width font. I code in Verdana. I'm no slave to column alignment.

• Developers

Believe I got it mostly working now so appreciate when you can do some testing with the current SciLexer.dll available in the Beta directory to see if it all works now for both "fold.comment=1" and "fold.comment=2"

Made one additional change to fix folding for If statements when they have a inline comment at the end of the line.

For testing just download the latest Scilexer.dll from the beta directory.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I tried the latest version of SciTE (2.28) and understood the big difference to previous version, how ever some of changes was't good enough ( Ofc in my opinion ), so i changed some of them, for example i removed the Italic style for comments, it's really unnecessary, the Green color will do the job, or i changed the variable color to 0xA31515 ( VS 2010 default variable Color ) and i'm changing other things one by one to be exactly like VS 2010 editor.

I'm not forcing you or anyone, these are just my suggestions.

Consolas isn't available on all systems. Probably just Windows XP without Visual Studio and without Office installed.

Also, Consolas? Ugh. Nice font... for fixed width. I use it as my fixed width font. I code in Verdana. I'm no slave to column alignment.

You know, if Consolas is a good choice, you can just install it with AutoIt installer ( like what VS or Office do ), so it can't be a problem on Win XP.

I'm sure Consolas is better than current SciTE's font, even VS 2010 uses this font ( My biggest reason ).

Edited by D4RKON3

Amen to that, Id be lost without Verdana, not to mention Consolas looks plain horrible without font smoothing,

(& my eyes cant stand this out of focus look).

Made one additional change to fix folding for If statements when they have a inline comment at the end of the line.

For testing just download the latest Scilexer.dll from the beta directory.

Great, Will do, if possible a SciTeLexAU3.cxx/diff to the latest one will help, as I need to compile my own, thanks !

Edited by Zip

@D4RKON3

:) x2 (Take a additional double dose of whatever it is you take in the morning to wake up. Your logic suggest you brain is still in deep sleep.)

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Great, Will do, if possible a SciTeLexAU3.cxx/diff to the latest one will help, as I need to compile my own, thanks !

These are the latest versions of the PatchFiles for SciTE and Scintilla.

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.