win7 issue with @macros

ahha

Okay I've been coding with XP and finally need to code on Win7 (yuck).

Latest version installed into directory C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 NOT C:\Program Files (x86)

This single line program works in XP but gives an error in Win7 - what am I doing wrong??

MsgBox(0,"",@ScriptLineNumber)

Here's the error in the console window: ! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AH Code\atscriptlinenumber.au3" /UserParams

+>18:27:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.8 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1 CPU:X64 OS:X86)

! Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.250

It's probably something extremely easy but I'm stumped. (Yes I have full RWM permissions.)

Thanks

One other Win7 issue that may save some people time.

If you get an error using the AU3 Recorder that says msvcr100.dll is missing do this:

1) Go to the C:\Windows\System32\ directory and locate msvcr100_clr0400.dll.

2) Now make a copy of it and rename the copy msvcr100.dll

That cures it missing.

• 1 month later...

One other Win7 issue that may save some people time.

If you get an error using the AU3 Recorder that says msvcr100.dll is missing do this:

1) Go to the C:\Windows\System32\ directory and locate msvcr100_clr0400.dll.

2) Now make a copy of it and rename the copy msvcr100.dll

That cures it missing.

I have two computers running Windows 7 64 bit. The above steps did not quite do the trick for me. I had to install the latest updates to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 runtime files. Then I had to copy the file msvcr100_clr0400.dll from C:WindowsSysWOW64 to C:\Windows\System32\ and rename it.

After all that, I still could not run Au3Recorder from within SciTE. I had to create a desktop shortcut instead.

Edited by rgrosz78

rgrosz78,

Try the latest beta V3.3.9.0, you'll find it in the downloads section.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018