BMC Remedy dates US and UK

D4WNO

Hi everyone,

I have a question around dates within BMC Remedy 7.5. We are an international company and use the same platform globally. My question is around the view of dates. For example, in the UK we would see date 11th April 2012 as 11/04/12, in the US they use 04/11/12.

Does it depend on how a particular users Remedy is set up as to how they see dates automatically entered by the system? What I mean is if 2 people in the UK and the US were looking at the same ticket at the same time, would they be seeing the dates the same or in their own country's format?

• Moderators

Hi, D4WNO. I have never used Remedy myself, but most other service desk software uses the registry of the local machine to determine how the date/time is displayed. Look in the registry under HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTControl PanelInternational. You'll see both the short and long date formats used for your computer. If you want to test, change this to whatever is set in one of your other offices, and check how Remedy reacts.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!