This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Add a function that runs a function with admin rights

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 akorx

akorx

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm french so sorry for my bad english...

I think that a lot of people would like to find a function in autoit that could run just a function (not an external program like runas()) with admin rights... do you know if this function could be add in one of the next versions of autoit?

Indeed, to the best of my knowledge you cannot run a single function in an AutoIt script with admin rights. With this, we could have a script that could be load with a low profile and just have admin right to run one function (like "regwrite" or others functions in a part of the script).

It should be something like this :

RunFuncAsAdminWait("username", "domain", "password","regwrite .....")

Do you understand what i mean and if it's ok, what do you think about it?

NB : congratulations to Autoit's developpers for their work and long life to Autoit !
AkorxMail akorx@yahoo.fr

#2 Jos

Jos

• Developers
  • 22,856 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

It is clear you haven't gotten the message given in your previous thread.
Maybe you need to reread it first and try to understand what you are being told before creating a new thread like this. :)

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions                                                                 Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#3 Valik

Valik

Former developer.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,879 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thread locked, I addressed things in the original thread for those curious about why this functionality does not and will not exist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users