• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bug Fix release: Nothing exciting just fixed a bug which I introduced when optimizing the code.  Can't believe no one reported such a bug.

See >OP for downloads.

• 1 month later...

If I haven't said so before, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

It is sad though, that the humble little old GUIBuilder is not listed as a Tool. :

I still use my updated version, in preference to any other GUI creator, as I'm all for the hands on approach. ;):P

But then, I like to keep things simple .... a bit like myself. :blink::D

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Thanks!  I'm honored that you use something that I scripted. 

Where is GUIBuilder?  I can't find it.  I presume you mean where is GUIBuilder in the Versions toolbar menu?  Or do you want it to be bundled with SciTECustomizationGUI as an option along with AbbrevMan, etc.?

Na, just mostly pulling your leg, about inclusion. I presume it's easy enough to add in? Haven't tried yet.

GUIBuilder (I think it was also called AutoBuilder at one point), was made by CyberSlug, in early AutoIt GUI days, and it used to come as one of the tools that were bundled with each install. When AutoIt went through a major language change, it was left out, though Jon said he would re-add it if it got updated.

Different people have updated it at various stages, including myself, plus others have done spinoffs. My last update, made it compatible with v3.3.0.0  of AutoIt.

It was good to have as an example, regardless of its other merits, which is why I think Jon was still (at one point) willing to re-include it. It is probably too old school now as an example, for I only updated it enough to work, and still use it myself.

It is a very simple affair compared to the others in more recent years (Koda, etc). I like it for it lets me get up and working very quickly and doesn't hog screen space or require a lot of choices be made (my programs grow quite quickly and outgrow the initial GUI, quite rapidly in most cases).

I presume it is still available (my last version) via my Toolbox or associated page?

P.S. I always meant to update it further, still might ... at least for the missing controls, and what is required for current AutoIt. Another reason I love it, I guess, is because it doesn't feel remotely like using other languages (i,e VB,net etc). That probably goes against the trend here, which seems to be intent on making AutoIt more like most other languages, to use. I can see the benefit for others, but not me, the hobbyist.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

When I ran GUIBuilder.exe on my Win7x64 all of the buttons in the left window only said "Foo".  Oh, and the latest AutoIt.

Edited by jaberwacky

Just retrieving the files from my XP PC to try on my Win 7 netbook. It has an Icon.icl file ... do you have that?

Is it also the 0.8 Prototype (in About)?

EDIT

I have the same FOO issue on mine.

I'm guessing by a quick look at the code, that it might be magic number related or something like that.

Probably just needs +1 for each icon id and the leading negative?

It doesn't appear to take OS Version into account, and it probably should.

I took a copy of my GUIBuilder folder off my XP laptop, where all versions work fine through to 3.3.0.0.

I can't test it on my Netbook, but the AU3 source file should have been with the EXE.

My Win 7 install is limited to just latest SciTE and AutoIt Help file.

I will change a couple of things in the source on my Laptop and recompile, and see if it makes a difference.

Normally the GUIBuilder folder sits inside the SciTE folder inside the AutoIt install folder, though I'm not sure if that makes a difference at all..

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

Ummm, interesting.

I had to go right back to AutoIt v3.2.0.1 to run the uncompiled script.

It might work a bit later than that, but I only have that, v3.2.4.9 and v3.3.0.0 installed.

Compiled it runs fine and can create scripts up to v3.3.0.0 and perhaps beyond.

Obviously, unless I have another version sitting somewhere, it was only updated for creating, and is not itself updated.

I will do a quick little play, but I'm not gonna update itself right now ... I will just see if I can get a compiled version to run correctly on Win 7.

Spoiler

userbar.png