SciTE Customization GUI -- [03/04/2017]

jaberwacky

I believe there's something missing from this post. :oops:

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Doesn't work with a non-installed (portable) version of SciTe because it's reading from the registry instead of looking for the environment variable SCITE_Home first. I'll have to try it on my home computer to see how it works, I have it installed there, but can't test on my company computer because AutoIt isn't installed on it, using it from a thumb drive.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

I am fine with people creating more extensive SciTEConfig setups, but just as a pre-warning: I have been making quite some changes to SciTEConfig to avoid the need of updating au3.properties and all changes will now be saved into SciTEUSer.properties (where it belongs).

This all will ensure that whenever you upgrade the SciTE4AutoIt3 package, the updates made will stay and you don't require Admin level anymore to make the changes, except for the File Open setting change in the registry.

By the way: It is looking nice.

Jos :oops:

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have been making quite some changes to SciTEConfig to avoid the need of updating au3.properties and all changes will now be saved into SciTEUSer.properties.

By the way: It is looking nice.

One step ahead of you.

Thanks!

@BrewmanNH, I'll see what I can do to address those issues.

Awesome! only one problem :S

When I ran the compiled binary under SciTE4AutoIt3 (v2.28) and changed the tidy parameters default to white spaces instead of tab delimiters under SciTE , leaving all the defaults your script had and not touching anything else, I pressed update and got this.

Posted Image

Is this expected behavior?

Edit: Oh, never mind, I see what's going on now, I hadn't noticed its defaults are set to disable all the 3rd party tools, you just have to check them and click update, my bad! Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

I don't understand. If it's a bug I want to work on it for sure. It shouldn't disable any tools by default.

Edited by LaCastiglione

I don't understand. If it's a bug I want to work on it for sure. It shouldn't disable any tools by default.

Doesn't seem like it, I had just assumed the tool would detect active tool entries and set them to checked under the tools tab, and when I updated the config, I wasn't expecting it to disable all the tools, but as I noticed, it doesn't seem to detect a users current tool configuration and you have to set it manually when first run as it seems. After first run It does detect what tools a user has after it sets them itself, I guess it has something to do with "SciteTools.ini", which came with the download which has all the tools disabled by default.

Works great btw.

Ok, problem detected!

when I updated the configuration for what tools will appear in the "Tools" menu area, I disabled "Make UDF header", when I re-enable the tool selection, I get an error in the scite console.

C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTELuaTools.lua:73: Tool "AutoItTools.InsertUDFHeader" not found.
>Lua: error occurred while processing command

yep yep, even reinstalled scite a few times to see if it would do it again, and it did, I couldn't figure out what was happening though :/

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using windows 7 x86 if it's of any relevance.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

• 3 weeks later...

It seems to work flawlessly on my system now, I see that you even have it detect what tools are active now as well? I'd say this is a very suitable contender for the current scite config tool distributed with the autoit installation, I wouldn't mind seeing this as a tool option under tools.

Feature Request: add an option to replace the current scite config tool, this thing is too robust in features not to consider doing so, wouldn't you say?

Sadly, I believe it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, I would say jos should consider replacing the current scite config with this, I mean why not? It has everything it scite config has and more.

I'd also like to mention that you should consider making the gui resizable and wider instead of taller, it's not fitting into the screen on my laptop, which I use a lot and I can only see a portion of the contents in the gui unless I attach it to a monitor.

It seems to work flawlessly on my system now, I see that you even have it detect what tools are active now as well? I'd say this is a very suitable contender for the current scite config tool distributed with the autoit installation, I wouldn't mind seeing this as a tool option under tools.

Feature Request: add an option to replace the current scite config tool, this thing is too robust in features not to consider doing so, wouldn't you say?

Sadly, I believe it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, I would say jos should consider replacing the current scite config with this, I mean why not? It has everything it scite config has and more.

I'd also like to mention that you should consider making the gui resizable and wider instead of taller, it's not fitting into the screen on my laptop, which I use a lot and I can only see a portion of the contents in the gui unless I attach it to a monitor.

Thanks for the positive words!

I haven't done anything with the Tools stuff. Nice to know I don't have to now. LOL!

I wouldn't want to have to officially maintain this monster. Have you seen the source?

It used to be resizeable, so I guess I'll go back to that. It's should just be a matter of uncommenting a few lines.

Thanks for the positive words!

I haven't done anything with the Tools stuff. Nice to know I don't have to now. LOL!

I wouldn't want to have to officially maintain this monster. Have you seen the source?

It used to be resizeable, so I guess I'll go back to that. It's should just be a matter of uncommenting a few lines.

Hmm, interesting...

I remember the last time I tried it, any modifications to the tools options would render the "Make UDF header" option inoperable, but it's not doing it anymore..

I've re-installed different versions of autoit since that time, so who knows what might be at play there.. And yeah, I saw the source, turned 360 degrees and walked away, I hate the objects syntax, it's confusing as hell!

Played real quick, seem to have found some problems.

1) First two tabs, changing options does not enable the Update button.

2) First two tabs, reload does not refresh / reset the options.

3) Theme tab, not recognizing the current font.

Edit2:

#3 seems to be that you're not picking up both the base font and monospace font, and which is actually active.

It would also be nice to import user themes from the standard location, <scitedir>SciteConfig.

I'm running Win7 x64, SciTE v3.0.4.

Edit:

You should also check for user defined Tools in the user properties file (that's where I keep mine).

Edited by wraithdu

• 2 weeks later...

1) First two tabs, changing options does not enable the Update button.

2) First two tabs, reload does not refresh / reset the options.

3) Theme tab, not recognizing the current font.

Edit2:

#3 seems to be that you're not picking up both the base font and monospace font, and which is actually active.

It would also be nice to import user themes from the standard location, <scitedir>SciteConfig.

Edit:

You should also check for user defined Tools in the user properties file (that's where I keep mine).

I think I have everything so far except for importing user themes from standard location. Please run again to see if that corrects the issues so far. Thank you.

I'm getting a lot of errors when using this on Windows 7 x64.

=============================================

! AutoItCOM Test: We intercepted a COM error!

windescription: Member not found.

(-1) :

=============================================

This happens when starting and when trying to update the properties file.

BTW, using this on a portable version of SciTE/AutoIt.

You put the script into your scite directory too?

I just replicated the problem. Thanks for the report!

Edited by LaCastiglione