SciTE Customization GUI -- [03/04/2017]

jaberwacky

Updated.  See op.

On the last update I did not thoroughly test the script and so I released it with bugs.  Sorry about that!  This time I fixed the bugs, added a few more features, and thoroughly tested!  If you do have any bugs let me know.

I'm getting an em when pushing the Font button (SciTE 2 tab).

=============================================

! AutoItCOM Test: We intercepted a COM error!

(-1) : Unknown name.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Find another bug which belongs to the same button.

After I pushed the font button the Font selection window will appear. But when I press cancel the script crashes again.

EM:

Line 23457 (File "..SciTE Customization GUI.exe"):

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

(-1) : Member not found.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Many bug fixes.

I didn't find more than reported. ;)

Anyhow, with the latest version (today) I'm getting an em again when starting the exe:

Line 19559  (File "..SciTE Customization GUISciTE Customization GUI.exe"):

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

(-1) : Member not found.

Br,
UEZ
Edited by UEZ

Would you mind running this from source?  (Beta not required)

SciTE Customization GUI - Source

Also, you're sure that you're using the latest version?   Because my file host, MediaFire, claims zero downloads so far.

Edited by jaberwocky6669

When I ran on Windows 7 x64, I got this...

Switch $this.ToolsModel.GetPropertyText($property_info[1]) <> ''
Switch $this.ToolsModel.GetPropertyText(^ ERROR

(226) : Member not found.

->22:40:55 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@jaberwocky6669: yes, I downloaded the file from the link you have provided in your 1st post. Beside that, the previous version ran properly.

I get the same em as guinness:

Line 75  (File "..SciTE Customization GUI_SourceControllersToolsTools Controller.au3"):

Switch $this.ToolsModel.GetPropertyText($property_info[1]) <> ''
Switch $this.ToolsModel.GetPropertyText(^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Seems to be that something is going wrong in line 73. I get an empty $item value and thus it crashes.

Br,
UEZ
Edited by UEZ

Thanks Guinness & UEZ!  I believe I was able to correct the issue.  I didn't take into account those who did not have user tools defined in SciTEUser.properties.

Updated!

Sorry mine mentioned the method didn't exist. 

Correct, my SciTEUser.properties file contains some slight adjustments, but everything else I leave in Jos' capable hands.

font.base=font:Source Code Pro,size:10
import au3.UserUdfs
import au3.keywords.user.abbreviations
UDFCreator=guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Btw, nice AutoIt Objects example. I will use your code to get in touch with object coding within AutoIt.

Br,

UEZ

I guess I should mention that this script is not compatible with the usual way of customizing SciTE.  Some differences are that I read the properties files with the INI functions which necessitates the addition of [sciTE Customization GUI] somewhere in the .properties file.  Also, the font.base and font.monospace are not used in my theme files.  I use to set the global font:
style.au3.32=back:#141414,font:Triskweline (Cyrillic),size:10,notbold,notitalics,notunderlined.  Among other changes.

Thanks UEZ. Be aware that I do things my own way so what you see may not be orthodox!

I thought so, because when you said you were using the INI functions, I did ask how is that possible, since it contains no section name.

UDF List:

• 5 weeks later...

Doesn't work with a non-installed (portable) version of SciTe because it's reading from the registry instead of looking for the environment variable SCITE_Home first. I'll have to try it on my home computer to see how it works, I have it installed there, but can't test on my company computer because AutoIt isn't installed on it, using it from a thumb drive.

I can't believe I have glossed over this all of this time.  Could you show me your SCITE_Home variable so that I may experiment?  Please.

This is the current value of %Scite_Home% on my computer. I placed all of the AutoIt files in my Skydrive folder so the folder name is different on every computer I use it on. I start Scite with guinness' Portable AutoIt script so it sets that variable every time it starts, and Scite normally looks for that environment variable to determine where to put its files.

C:UsersusernameSkyDrive3.3.8.1AppSciTE

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator