The devs of autoit...

Man, thanks for the work you guys do, to enable us home Grown Coders to develop up to standard dynamic Applications and even better...

I've always wanted to make a topic with this title, but in the chat area, but I don't like making miscellaneous topics, but since the OP has already posted a topic with the exact title I had in mind I guess I'll take advantage of the opportunity.

My question is~

What is the hierarchy of the forum users with the Developers (Dev) logo? For example. valik is a one of the well known ones and he's always banning, closing & ridiculing users topics based on the rules and their scripting abilities, and trancexx, garyfrost and others are also devs but I have never seen them ban or close a topic, can they do that? or do they choose to not participate in that stuff? and who's the main developer that writes code for autoit? and does jon also write code for autoit? does he still?

And why have I never seen an example script posted by valik and jon?

What is the hierarchy of the forum users with the Developers (Dev) logo? For example. valik is a one of the well known ones and he's always banning, closing & ridiculing users topics based on the rules and their scripting abilities, and trancexx, garyfrost and others are also devs but I have never seen them ban or close a topic, can they do that? or do they choose to not participate in that stuff? and who's the main developer that writes code for autoit? and does jon also write code for autoit? does he still?

And why have I never seen an example script posted by valik and jon?

I moderate in addition to develop because I'm very good at it. I also wrote the software we use to block people although I was a moderator before then. Gary has been inactive for some time. He used to moderate as well when he was active. We do not need a lot of moderates. The other developers can moderate but it's not necessary.

As for "main developer" that depends on your definition. This is still Jon's project but he hasn't wrote code for awhile. I lead the project but I seldom write code. I mostly just provide advice and guidance and do beta releases. trancexx is responsible for most of the code changes the past few months. Jos continues to work on SciTE4AutoIt3 and Au3Check.

As to Jon and I posting stuff... Jon used to claim he doesn't use the language much. I'm not sure if that is the case currently. As for me, I have posted things but I have better things to do than post stuff I'll just have to maintain. I tend to use my own libraries for things so posting even a simple script may involve an additional half dozen library files. It's simply a lot of work that I do not wish to do. Plus I have no intentions of integrating user feedback into my stuff unless I need it. It's all just a big hassle to me. I know that's a dick way of going about things. I'm not going to apologize for that.

I had a hunch trancexx was the one behind the latest development, It always seems things she posts contain a sort of insider thing about them, especially some of the examples she posts that add to this as I've yet to see anyone here post anything as advanced as most of her examples.

From the user side of the forum, trancexx doesn't even seem like a human, more like some kind of human alien hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

:) I started scripting (with AutoIt as my first language) way back in 2008 (I was in 8th grade) and have mastered the basics of languages like C, Java etc. Needless to say, my experience with AutoIt has helped me a lot to understand these complicated languages much faster than other students of my age.

;) When I joined the forums, I was put at ease by the proper guidance of Melba23 and others. Special thanx to Valik, since you saved me from a disastrous SKCIDLOL. Thanks a lot for developing this wonderful program.

Regards,

MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

• 2 weeks later...

Without AutoIT, I would not be able to make any programs. I messed about a little with QBasic back in the windows 3.1 days and made quite a few semi decent bat files. AutoIT is nowhere near as scary as a full on programming language. What I like is it grows with your skill and development. You can do everything from really easy things to VERY complicated things.

So I agree, good work developers.

as a leading figure in the forum, and a prominent dev for nearly a decade, i was seriously hoping you already knew.

I suppose that describes information technology (=IT) for cars (=auto) ;) Seriously, use the proper writing for the name or at least write everything small or in caps.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

What is AutoIT?

AutoIT is how I was introduced to it as a tutorial online kept calling it AutoIT so it stuck with me... Every time I type it, it automatically comes out as AutoIT. I used to spell "without" as "withought" and it took me years to stop doing that lol.

AutoIT is how I was introduced to it as a tutorial online kept calling it AutoIT so it stuck with me... Every time I type it, it automatically comes out as AutoIT. I used to spell "without" as "withought" and it took me years to stop doing that lol.

Since you're from the UK, I can say this.

Stop coding. Go back to primary school. Learn.

My friend, a software engineer always says "what's a shot?". Then buys everyone a shot. I thought Valik was using the same humor that I am not privy to. Tell the man to learning programming in school? I taught my C class when my teacher had a nervous break down. No lie, I was asked to go over the planned material with the class. The point is you can learn programming without school. School for me was completely unnecessary, but now I can claim a degree. Whatever.

I only have a A.S. degree tho. I suppose I need to keep that in mind.

Edited by Xandy

Since you're from the UK, I can say this.

Stop coding. Go back to primary school. Learn.

Why thank you for your wise words based on assumption. How long ago was it I was spelling it "withought"? Nuff said. I am going back to coding now.

Edited by Morthawt

Guys attacking the devs in such a personal way is fucking childish, A simple joke or two is ok but jesus you blokes need to f@#$ the hell of autoit's forum and if yourE so smart WITH THE C LANGUAGE, why waste your time on autoit PUNK...

Edited by ac1dm4n

[u]My dream is to have a dream...[/u]

Guys attacking the devs in such a personal way is fucking childish, A simple joke or two is ok but jesus you blokes need to f@#$ the hell of autoit's forum and if yourE so smart WITH THE C LANGUAGE, why waste your time on autoit PUNK...

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

The hilarious part is that I recognize this particular block of text. Did you copy this from somewhere else or are you the weirdo who wrote it in the first place? Edited by Richard Robertson

Right on the soft spot Richard: 7 million references on the first Google search... Enough to make that stance a classic!

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)