After many hours of research and testing, this is my small version. It mainly serves as a reference.
If you're working on a script, you'll still have to find an "example" on the web (if you can find one),
as this program won't provide you with any.
What will it provide?
The script queries information from WMI on your computer.
If the information exist, then you'll be able to view:
- Data Types
- Syntax for Methods
- System Properties for Classes
- and Other Useful Information
Sometimes, a particular class seems to be missing some information or has very little.
If you find what it's "Origin" is... sometimes you can glean something from it's parent.
Here are a few links from MSDN that might be of interest:
Standard WMI Qualifiers
MOF Data Types
Let me know if any problems. Thanks.
WMI_Query.au3 22.3KB 228 downloads
Update: April 08, 2012
* added: Cache, saved in @AppDataDir\WMI_Query_Cache
* added: _DeleteCache(), Press F9 to delete.
* added: WM_GETMINMAXINFO(), GUI minimal resize.
Update: April 09, 2012
* fixed: HTML tags (left and right arrows) in some WMI strings, causing some data not to display.
Update: April 11, 2012
* fixed: Method Names that have a void CIMType. Would cause method name not to display.
Update: May 22, 2012
Adjusted the height for the combo's. The x64 restriction has been removed.
Edited by ripdad, 22 May 2012 - 04:05 PM.