Now that I have stated what it is not, what this tool does is gathers the following information:
- The computer's name
- The operating system, architecture, service pack level, and COA
- The local users
- If MS Office is installed, gathers the version(s) and COA
- The CPU name and speed
- Installed RAM, free RAM, and swap file info
- Local drive letters, labels, total and free space, and percent full
- Network drive letters, their UNC path, total and free space, and percent full
- The computer's IP address
- Optional notes, such as "front desk PC" or "runs slow", whatever is helpful to know later
Please pay attention to the files required to compile at the top of the script - I know it is a long list but only 2 are required to be downloaded from the forum, the rest are in the AutoIt install folder in Includes or aut2exe folders. I could have included the paths in the code, but found this was just.....nicer (for me).
I have found this to be very helpful, and I even had one client thank me for doing it, as he realized the value of me having all of that information if he had a problem. Hopefully there are some other field techs out there, or folks in charge of their office's IT needs, who can also benefit from this. Another benefit for field techs is that with this list you can easily review it later and then call them up a few days later to tell them what upgrades they need and get a re-visit
EDIT: Updated code to include a couple bug fixes
Edited by llewxam, 23 May 2012 - 01:12 AM.