ObjCreateInterface example: Enumerating and Browsing the Desktop

LarsJ

jcpetu, A drag bar between the TV and the LV is a really good idea. I'll take a look at it. You probably have to be patient for some days.

Lars.

Hi LarsJ, I just tested the updated script and it has many good improvements. I found that when you are on Computer, Group View , it shows Network Locations as Hard Disk Drives.

Is it possible to add a thumbnail view of the file?

Thanks a lot, the script is excellent.

Regards.

jcpetu, I've noticed that there are some issues on Windows 7. I've added a comment about Windows 7 in the top of the first post. I will try to find a solution to these issues.

It's absolutely possible to add a thumbnail view and I think it's a good idea. I'll try to find time for that.

Hi LarsJ, the issue I reported to you ocurred when using the script under XP and Vista. I didn´t test it under Windows 7.

Just for you to know, the new sort function is to slow, with the first version script to sort 2500 files took less than 20sec and now over 1 minute.

Regards.

Hi jcpetu, Can you access the Control Panel under Vista?

The new sort function is more advanced than the old one. If you sort by date/time the items will first be grouped into files/folders, then they will be sorted by date/time, and finally duplicates will be sorted by name. That takes time. I'll add an option to chose between the old (simple) sort function and the new (advanced) function.

Regards,

ERROR; WinAPIEx_3.8_3380APIConstants.au3(480,32) : ERROR: $S_OK previously declared as a 'Const'.

ENUMDESKTOPCONSTS.AU3
[2]Global Const $S_OK = 0x00000000

Conflict with latest WINAPIEX for 3.3.8.x

I suggest using unique names for global variables to avoid future issues.

Edited by maillady