_IECreate hidden IE Window in IE9 fails

When I try simple code like

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("http://sourceforge.net", 0, 0)

It fails to hide. Any ideas?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.""Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Bug submitted #2194

Edited by Crazyace

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.""Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Looks fine to me on IE9, Win7, Au3 3.3.8.1 x64/x86.

You have to provide more details so other people can reproduce it.

AdmiralAlkex,

Thats the problem, you can see it :-) With the options that I'm using it should be hidden :-)

AdmiralAlkex,

Thats the problem, you can see it :-) With the options that I'm using it should be hidden :-)

No I can't. It is hidden. Try restarting your PC.

AdmiralAlkex,

When I try to run it from SciTE4AutoIt3 I get this error in the Console

C:Program FilesAutoIt3IncludeIE.au3 (560) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
WEnd
WEnd^ ERROR

My test file

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.8.1
Author:      myName

Script Function:
Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://sourceforge.net", 0, 0)
Edited by Crazyace

That's a different problem than the original problem.

I ran your code on my system, Win 7 x64 and IE 8 (no access to IE9 here) and it works without a problem, the IE window is hidden.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

That's a different problem than the original problem.

I ran your code on my system, Win 7 x64 and IE 8 (no access to IE9 here) and it works without a problem, the IE window is hidden.

Thanks for your reply BrewManNH. The system I'm using is Windows 7 x86 and I'm going to try uninstalling IE9 and try IE8. I tried the same code on my other desktop that has IE9 and WIndows 7 x64 and it did the same thing.

Any ideas about the error in the console?

I tested with IE8 now and I still have the same issue ;)

Which issue? It isn't hidden or the Wend error message?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The Wend seems to be the issue causing it not to hide for me. The IE.au3 file has not been touched by me.

I haven't tried Beta, but I did reinstall AutoIT on my desktop system and it works fine with IE9. I'm going to see if reinstalling on my laptop will resolve the issue for me.

I just reinstalled AutoIT and installed the full version of SciTE. I tried to run the file again and it still fails.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:Usersjeff_tincherDesktopAU3 AutoSweettest.au3" /UserParams   
+>13:43:39 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.8    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X86)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program FilesAutoIt3
+>13:43:39 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:Program FilesAutoIt3autoit3.exe "C:Usersjeff_tincherDesktopAU3 AutoSweettest.au3"   
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (560) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
WEnd
WEnd^ ERROR
->13:43:39 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.576

I think it's related to a Trak issue that's been reported previously, not sure if there's a work-around yet.

I just tried AutoIT beta and 1/2 of it works. When I launch the code it starts 3 iexplore.exe processes and shows the webpage.

I changed the code to:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("www.google.com", 0, 0)
Sleep(5000)
_IEQuit($oIE)

I noticed that the _IEQuit never kills the process. If I close the process via task manager when I open IE I get - "Your last browsing session closed unexpectedly"

Posting info from my desktop that the code works fine on.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:UsersJeffDesktopNew AutoIt v3 Script.au3" /UserParams   
+>14:03:15 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.8    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3
+>14:03:15 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3autoit3.exe "C:UsersJeffDesktopNew AutoIt v3 Script.au3"   
+>14:03:21 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 6.999

I found out that it's that damn UAC that's causing an issue here.