This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

How to find the status of buton assiciated with Hotkeys in ribbon menus in outlook 2010 ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ashish0401

ashish0401

Seeker

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi I would like to know that how or what function can i use in autoit to capture the status(Enabled or Disabled) of button associated with hotkeys.
i have attached the screenshot of outlook 2010 what actually i need.
Hope i made it clear.
hope to hear from somebody.

Cheers,
Ashish

Attached Thumbnails

• Outlook_ribbon_Status.gif

#2 somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Try this function - ControlCommand, with the IsEnabled parameter.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

#3 ashish0401

ashish0401

Seeker

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi sombcomputerguy,

Thanks for your reply. But i tried that under ribbon menu i am not able to get controlID, title o text of that particular option "Dial up connection".
I will treat whole ribbon as the main window , so in my case it returns as " inbox.......Outlook". There is no text found, nothing.
I tried many ways but couldnt succeed.
In recise i couldnt pinpoint that "Dial up connection" with any function/procedure.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
@sombcomputerguy : can u just write the code of commandcontrol for my particulat situation. I like to see is there any other to express that.

#4 somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Ok, I'm somdcomputerguy. That's somd as in Southern Maryland. And I can't write your code for you as I don't have the Outlook program, nor the inclination. There is a couple Outlook UDF's in the Example forum that might help you alot.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

#5 ashish0401

ashish0401

Seeker

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

Ok, I'm somdcomputerguy. That's somd as in Southern Maryland. And I can't write your code for you as I don't have the Outlook program, nor the inclination. There is a couple Outlook UDF's in the Example forum that might help you alot.

Hi Bruce ;) ,

Can u please point me to outlook UDF please... And 1 more thing i am new to autoit so need a little help to understand and how to get started with so called"UDF".

#6 somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Outlook EX Help & Support Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users