Small tools to help you with USB drive management

GreenCan

Hi,

Updated: 7 Aug 2012

Some Tool scripts to help you with your USB drive management:

ChangeUSBdriveLetter: Easily change a USB drive Letter

The script will pop-up the ejectable USB drives only. Double Click to select

Select the new drive letter and press OK

Keep in mind that the script will require elevated rights, same as Computer/Disk Management

ChangeUSBdriveLetter 1.1.zip

EjectUSB: Easily eject a USB drive.

The script will pop-up all the ejectable USB drives. Double Click to eject

The script will automatically (by default without pop-up) eject the USB drive if only one USB drive is identified on the system.

This script has an optional ini file (see the Description in the header of the script, example in the zip file)

This script uses wraithdu's _USB_UDF.au3 and can be found here: _USB_UDF.au3

EjectUSB 1.2.zip

New:

USBScanAndFix: Correct recurring Scan and fix message on USB devices

When a FAT formatted "removable" USB drive is attached under Vista and Win7, the "Scan and Fix" dialog is sometimes shown each time you insert the USB device. Performing Scan and fix does not seem to resolve the issue, however, no errors are found on the device.

The reason for the error is that the USB drive was formatted FAT(32) on Windows XP.

When the device was not properly dismounted by Windows XP, an archive bit in the drive's boot sector is set that needs to reset before it will stop reporting that there is an error. The script will perform a checkdsk /f on the selected USB device.

The script will pop-up the ejectable USB drives only as in the previous 2 scripts but will grey out the non-FAT formated devices.

Please note that the script is OS language sensitive (chkdsk !) and currently only supports English and Dutch. Any help would be appreciated if you could send me your language settings (line 63 to 66)

Issue:

StdoutRead seems sometime to miss some console data. I am not sure why this is happening. I made the loop as tight as possible. If anyone has a suggestion, let me know... Anyhow, most of the time, the script runs correctly and it's all about cosmetics anyhow, the chkdsk is performed.

USBScanAndFix 1.0.zip

All scripts tested in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, x64

Greencan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

New USBScanAndFix script added to first post.

GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Thanks for sharing!

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png