This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Search for a button in active window to click

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sanjaykudash

sanjaykudash

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi,

I want to automate an application.i just lunched the application using Run("x.exe") ,it gives me multiple windows,

so i want to search for perticular text box in that perticular window to give some input values ,then click on 'ok' a butten present in the same window.

Can some one help me with a sample code to search for a active windows in a exe,then serach for text box and button in that ,then enter some text on that then click on okm button.

Point me to good thread will also help...

#2 JLogan3o13

JLogan3o13

115 and holding

• MVPs
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi, sanjaykudash. This is an extremely broad question to answer, as it really depends upon the application and how it is written (Windows API, Java, etc.). I would suggest taking a look at the window you want to manipulate with the AutoIt Window Info Tool (Au3Info or Au3Info_64 in your AutoIt installation directory). What does this tool tell you about the window or button you're attempting to interact with?

Also, if the application is a publicly available program please let us know so we can take a look as well. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to assist :)

Programming is like sex...one mistake and you have to support it for a lifetime.

My Scripts:Include Source with Compiled Script, Disk Maintenance for Windows XP, "Deal-A-Day" Sites, Windows Firewall UDF

#3 sanjaykudash

sanjaykudash

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi JLogan,

i want to automate the Toad for oracle,where login window will pop-up asking for database credentials.

donot know toad gui is .net or java library,

In addition to that if u can give library for both it will be helpfull for me

Edited by sanjaykudash, 10 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#4 sanjaykudash

sanjaykudash

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

please refer the screen shoot i got the following class name so how can i make use of that.

#5 JLogan3o13

JLogan3o13

115 and holding

• MVPs
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

I do not see a screen shot.

Programming is like sex...one mistake and you have to support it for a lifetime.

My Scripts:Include Source with Compiled Script, Disk Maintenance for Windows XP, "Deal-A-Day" Sites, Windows Firewall UDF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users