Search for a button in active window to click

Hi,

I want to automate an application.i just lunched the application using Run("x.exe") ,it gives me multiple windows,

so i want to search for perticular text box in that perticular window to give some input values ,then click on 'ok' a butten present in the same window.

Can some one help me with a sample code to search for a active windows in a exe,then serach for text box and button in that ,then enter some text on that then click on okm button.

Point me to good thread will also help...

• Moderators

Hi, sanjaykudash. This is an extremely broad question to answer, as it really depends upon the application and how it is written (Windows API, Java, etc.). I would suggest taking a look at the window you want to manipulate with the AutoIt Window Info Tool (Au3Info or Au3Info_64 in your AutoIt installation directory). What does this tool tell you about the window or button you're attempting to interact with?

Also, if the application is a publicly available program please let us know so we can take a look as well. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to assist :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi JLogan,

i want to automate the Toad for oracle,where login window will pop-up asking for database credentials.

donot know toad gui is .net or java library,

In addition to that if u can give library for both it will be helpfull for me

Edited by sanjaykudash