Is AutoIT perfect?

Its a shame we have lost some that we have.

But sometimes life is like that in order for people to grow and who knows who will be round the next corner to help out.

@TheSaint - It's out of my hands anyway, and that smiley's far too smug.

That's Mug with a silent 'S'. :P

Or the 'S' stands for Saintly. ;)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Developers

I just found out that one best devs(trancexx) is not a dev anymore, some months ago i found out that Valik is inactive and i see some devs that are usefull only for locking threads continuing being devs.

... The latter case can only mean you are talking about me in which case I can only thank you and you are forgiven for your ignorance.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

@Jos For what it's worth, I'm personally very grateful to see you back on board. I would not like to see AutoIt without SciTE4AutoIt. Your contributions are most valued by many around here.

Thanks but I am not fishing for compliments here.

I simply would like people to think about what they state and honestly am pretty pissed at the moment because some moron, that hasn't any fucking clue on what has happened, not knows anything about the real reasons of the recent happenings, share his fucking stupid conclusions here.

Let me know when you all want to hear how I really feel about all of this.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I don't see any ambiguity in what I am saying.

This is a thread about autoit and it's development.

You pipe up that you don't like devs editing or locking threads.

You further spout that you're not happy with the udfs you specifically like not being updated as often as you want them to.

And then go on to suggest that new examples you have seen are worthless, because they are no good to you.

I can see you are not very bright, but a child could understand what I'm saying, it's black and while.

Ok i am stupid, i am the worst here, i am turning this topic in what i want to, i am saying everything is bad,i pipe up that i dont like devs editing or locking, i don't like the udfs and the world is gonna end...

Ok ok i accept all these since your brain is small and can't understand what i say but i have a simple question.

I am doing all these, what are you doing?

We become more inteligent having people more inteligent than us in our life not idiots arround us.

I'm out of this stupid conversation

... The latter case can only mean you are talking about me in which case I can only thank you and you are forgiven for your ignorance.

Jos

No it's not you and honestly i am not talking about someone specific. I am talking generally. I am not talking about 2012-2013

You have been inactive in the past

I feel nothing.It feels great.

Thanks but I am not fishing for compliments here.

I simply would like people to think about what they state and honestly am pretty pissed at the moment because some moron, that hasn't any fucking clue on what has happened, not knows anything about the real reasons of the recent happenings, share his fucking stupid conclusions here.

Let me know when you all want to hear how I really feel about all of this.

Jos

Can I hug you?

Whoaaa Guys!,

I seem to have stirred something up round here and for that, I apologise. I merely wanted to get some idea of the status of the project. It seemed to have stagnated somewhat and I just wanted (hoped) someone who knows might give a synopsis of the current state of affairs.

I still hope someone might do that - provide a simple (for I am a simple person) layman's status update - because I don't understand half of what has been said so far!

In one scenario dev team will only release the work I have done on the language and the tools during last year. That's one year after most of the code has been written. OMG.

If a solution came down to a choice between some old Trancexx code and anything else on the board, I'd take your old code without looking.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

I thought this topic was starting to turn for the better and then the worship is starting to come to surface again.

As for development, it is being worked on. Enjoy 3.3.8.1 because it is good. Do not worry about what is coming tomorrow, worry about what you have today. As tomorrow you will wonder why you worried so much about what you could have today which was not needed for tomorrow anyhow.

Well said!

+1

• Developers

I meant what I said - and you're right: I don't know much about what goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks ..and sorry I "used" your post as a means to vent some of my frustration about all these smart-asses that are willing to share their bright ideas lately which lead nowhere.

No it's not you and honestly i am not talking about someone specific. I am talking generally. I am not talking about 2012-2013

You have been inactive in the past

Bullshit, I am the ONLY person with a Dev status around the last number of months that could fit the quoted statement!

Hence the comment about either think before you post or maybe better:simply shut up.

In case you wonder: I am normally not in favour posting these direct attacks in public towards members of this community, but am done playing nice when people do not have the decency to do the same.

If a solution came down to a choice between some old Trancexx code and anything else on the board, I'd take your old code without looking.

This is only true when supportable. trancexx has written some pretty darn clever complex code.

Either way: Jon is currently the only person that works on the core AutoIt3 code and will have to make that call for all the different modifications made in the current Alpha version.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This is only true when supportable. trancexx has written some pretty darn clever complex code.

I concur. And while the other point she made about the current devs having to support the work of someone who is no longer active in the process is certainly understandable, I was merely dismissing the old code argument.

I am not aware of anyone who is against trancexx. I can possibly understand the argument of trancexx as I could imagine her disappointment in her contribution which she tried to make. I do not consider it wise to use trancexx for your argument, no matter how true it may be. if you have an issue then do it on your own grounds. Let trancexx speak for trancexx.

How about I speak for myself? I realize Im late to the thread and yall are emotionally invested in it, so very slowly, this time with feeling. I addressed a single line in her post, and was only attempting to simply convey that I continue to use some old ass code she wrote, and its better than all the newer solutions to the same issues. All apologies that you seem to have inferred something completely different.

• Developers

Mhz,

I don't see anything wrong in the last couple of statements made about supportability and believe trancexx made the same remarks earlier.

There is nothing else than respect when it comes to the code that was written by her.

Jos :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I see you worshipping the 1 line code of trancexx. I want everyone to be understood without any worshipping. If I have any emotion it is about the pain that has been caused. The ones who are treating this as a battle are the ones who are trying to continue the pain.

Without trying to be kiss ass there is nothing but respect for anyone who has worked on the AutoIt Code/Program.

We wouldn't be where we are atm without the contributions of the many that give to the rest the program we use.

I know you guys at the higher levels dont always see eye to eye but its still a shame and a loss to AutoIt as a whole when that's the case.

• Jos locked this topic