Is AutoIT perfect?

After further deliberation, I find I should probably elaborate on my previous LOVE post.

Is AutoIt perfect?

In a technical sense, NO.

In an objective sense, YES .... but with qualifiers.

By objective, we are talking RELATIONSHIP.

Just like any relationship, the partnership you have with AutoIt, is critical.

Early on, your relationship can turn to love, and indeed for many, including myself, this happened with AutoIt.

Many then later fall out of love with AutoIt, but not so myself and many others.

As with any relationship that turns to love, there is a certain blindness in the early stages.

That blindness can lead you to believe, that there is only PROS and no CONS.

Obviously you eventually drift away from that stance with growth and gradually awakening of understanding.

So, just like any worthwhile relationship over time, where you accept faults, and perhaps feel more endeared because of them, you can develop a different sense of perfection, that is not based on the object being perfect, but rather the overall potential you aspire to or have gained.

In that regard, AutoIt is perfect to me ... and many others.

Can that perfection be improved?

Objectively, YES.

Technically, NO.

The brilliance about AutoIt though, is that you can achieve a relative sense of it being perfect, which is unlike many other languages out there ... most I deem.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Multiple GUIs are actually very easy to work with if you take the time to learn how.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

i dont like only the way that we create and organize GUIs.

creating a multiple GUI is a pain in the ass. (at least for me ^^ )

I welcome you here, and hope future comments by you will be more thoughtful.

For I really dislike it, when apparent newbies, of 4 posts (though I guess you may have been using AutoIt for some time before joining the forum), come along and give a blanket statement, without any explanation, other than  'at least for me'.

Being a newbie here, you really should give some detail or say nothing at all.

There should be no WE in your statement.

It is clearly a problem that a seemingly inexperienced person (yourself) is having.

I and many other experienced users here, don't have that problem ... not that we can really tell from your generic statement, what your exact problem is.

Believe it or not, you may have missed something in your skill development thus far.

And I doubt this is the appropriate part of the forum to get enlightened.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

i dont like only the way that we create and organize GUIs.

creating a multiple GUI is a pain in the ass. (at least for me ^^ )

Your last comment proves it's a limitation in your skill and not AutoIt. Read the help file and wiki before blaming AutoIt 

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 7 years later...
On 4/29/2013 at 8:52 PM, BasicOs said:

Hi Programmers,

I give good words to everybody here about Autoit.

We know that Autoit will be in any computer when you want to use it.

It is not the language itself, it is the users/programmers group, people, programmers, users, who give sense to Autoit.

I See that smartphones will be the next step in the Computer evolution, but Windows-pc will be alive as there are hundreds of millions of pcs and millions of users who know about autoit, and it is free and easy.

Now you can run in a limited way any app of Autoit at Zorinos-Wine and there are some millions Linux PCs.

There is a power user of Autoit.es forum who is creating by himself a Autoit -> Java exporter. Not to move apps to Java, but to create new apps with Autoit, and then reuse itis code for this UGLY java language (for me) compared to Autoit, so many {{}{}{} and other uncomfortable features.. It seems you must be forced into Java (or other) for a native programming ;)

I paste some long ago 2010 post I published so that you can think about what happened in 2010 and in 2013,

2008:

Also some nice exports of autoit logic as:

The Autoit world does not end at autoitscript, but there are thousands of programmers on the whole world in many forum as German,Spanish, French etc... who give new ideas and help to spread the word..

Long life to basic scripting.. hope Autoit can get into the tablets world as Ubuntu by example:

http://www.emesn.com/autoitforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3730 (spanish translate)

So when you are alive, Autoit is Alive and you may use when you want as you have the knowledge and binaries to run it :), so long life to this basic as long we are thinking it is there. Several Thousands of Autoit programmers.

I can switch to other languages but Autoit is the MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD language I know, and uncomplicated ..

Salud

Edit:

Year 2006,2007,..

Good afternoon from Sunny Canaries,

I See that smartphones will be is the next step in the Computer evolution? 

is there any updated development in Autoit switching into WEB development (php style), available with some kind of CMS wordpress like?

Is Autoit still working right with Windows 10?

Is Autoit compatible with any domotic system, or Alexa etc...?

I wish you a nice day.

Cheers

On 4/29/2013 at 8:52 PM, BasicOs said:

Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

• Developers
3 hours ago, BasicOs said:

Good afternoon from Sunny Canaries,

I See that smartphones will be is the next step in the Computer evolution? 

is there any updated development in Autoit switching into WEB development (php style), available with some kind of CMS wordpress like?

Is Autoit still working right with Windows 10?

Is Autoit compatible with any domotic system, or Alexa etc...?

I wish you a nice day.

Maybe you need to go into the shade and treat your sunstroke as this is a totally ridiculous post with all these quotes from the past and the quoted  questions & Text & Formating...

* click *

Jos 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic