IUIAutomation MS framework automate chrome, FF, IE, ....

junkew

I am on a different version (not published yet) with so many changes that a diff for me is to hard.

What did you change and what was your problem with the version you used.

OK, sorry, I'll try to explain then. None of these "special" properties were working. Setting them to anything caused the search to fail.

Digging into the code, I made the following changes which seems to fix it (I am using the files from "UIA_V0_51.zip" at the start of this thread):

1. in "_UIA_normalizeExpression" at line #853 (just before the "endif" in the "else" block for "if $index >=0"), I added the line:

"$bSkip = true"

2. in "_UIA_getObjectByFindAll" at the start of the loop "For $j = 1 To $arrSize" I added two lines:

$propName = $properties2Match[$j][0]

$propValue = $properties2Match[$j][1]

Without these changes, the code never gets into the "if" block that follows, to process the three special properties, and if it did, it uses $propName and $propValue without ever assigning them.

Regards,

DrX

the script automatically creates files named like this:
20150401-204424355.xml

How to disable the creation of these files?

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

The intention of the xml files is later to show them in a nice format with an html5 page

save this as index.html to load xml dynamically and in future version nicely formatting

<!DOCTYPE html> 
<html> 
<head> 
    <title>reading xml</title> 
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> 
</head>
<body>
    <input type="file" id="files" name="files[]" multiple />
    <output id="list"></output>

<script>
      function handleFileSelect(evt) {
        var files = evt.target.files; // FileList object

// Loop through the FileList
        for (var i = 0, f; f = files[i]; i++) {

var reader = new FileReader();

// Closure to capture the file information.
          reader.onload = (function(theFile) {
            return function(e) {
              // Print the contents of the file
    var xmlData = reader.result;  
    var parser=new DOMParser(); 
    var xmlDoc=parser.parseFromString(e.target.result,"text/xml");

// creates a <table> element and a <tbody> element
    var tbl     = document.createElement("table");
    //var strOutHtml='<table width="100%" border="0">';
                var tblBody = document.createElement("tbody");

//
    var xmlData = xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("logline");
    for(var j=0; j < xmlData.length; j++) {
            var row = document.createElement("tr");   
    //    if (xmlData[j].getAttribute("level") == "5") {
    //        row.setAttribute("bgcolor", "red")
    //    }
        if (xmlData[j].getAttribute("level") == "0") {
            row.setAttribute("bgcolor", "lightgreen")
        }
           var cell = document.createElement("td");
            var cellText = document.createTextNode(xmlData[j].textContent);
            cell.appendChild(cellText);
            row.appendChild(cell);
            tblBody.appendChild(row);           

}
    tbl.appendChild(tblBody);

tbl.setAttribute("border", "2");    
    document.body.appendChild(tbl);

//}
              //document.getElementById('list').insertBefore(tbl, null);
              // appends <table> into <body>
    // sets the border attribute of tbl to 2;

//document.getElementById('list').insertBefore(textNode, null);

};
          })(f);

// Read in the file
          //reader.readAsDataText(f,UTF-8);
          //reader.readAsText(f);
          reader.readAsText(f);

}
      }

document.getElementById('files').addEventListener('change', handleFileSelect, false);

</script>
</body>

but to answer your question to turn it off

in

1. uiawrappers

turn things true or false

_UIA_setVar("Global.Debug", True)
    _UIA_setVar("Global.Debug.File", True)
    _UIA_setVar("Global.Highlight", True) 

or

2. Create a UIA.CFG file in the directory

content could be like below (could be an issue with the variables stored in the datadictionary object not coming thru nicely and then you should use option 1 as given above)

; This is an inifile for UIA wrappers having the configuration defaults
; Debug=true        Turn debugging on of off with true/false value
; Highlight=true    Turn Highlighting rectangle to true / false 
; TODO: AutoStartSUT=true AutoStartSUT is starting all SUT's automatically

[Global]
Debug=false
Debug.File=false
Highlight=false
AutoStartSUT=false

[Multiuser]
CFGPerUser=false

[Folders]
subfolders=false

;System under test settings
; Folder      = Location where exe can be found
; Workingdir  = Location of the working directory
; exe         = Name of the exe to start
; Fullname    = Path & name of exe 
; Windowstate = minimized, maximized, normal

[SUT1]
Folder=%Windowsdir%\system32
Workingdir=%Windowsdir%\system32
exe=calc.exe
Fullname=%Windowsdir%\system32\calc.exe
Parameters=
Processname=calc.exe
Windowstate=normal

[SUT2]
Folder=%Windowsdir%\system32
Workingdir=%Windowsdir%\system32
exe=notepad.exe
Fullname=%Windowsdir%\system32\notepad.exe
Parameters=
Processname=notepad.exe
Windowstate=normal  

[SUT3]
C:\Program Files (x86)
Folder=%programfilesdir%\Microsoft Office\Office14
Workingdir=%programfilesdir%\Microsoft Office\Office14
exe=winword.exe
Fullname=%programfilesdir%\Microsoft Office\Office14\winword.exe
Parameters=
Processname=winword.exe
Windowstate=normal
Edited by junkew

thanks

Did you mean that I must change 

_UIA_setVar("Global.Debug", True)
    _UIA_setVar("Global.Debug.File", True)
    _UIA_setVar("Global.Highlight", True)

inside:

Func _UIA_LoadConfiguration()....

if so then It was not enough

I must alo comment 

; _UIA_LogFile(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & @MSEC & ".XML" , true)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 3 weeks later...

Simple spy give me something like this:

Mouse position is retrieved 278-301
At least we have an element [Later][CCCommandLink]

Having the following values for all properties: 
Title is: <Later>   Class   := <CCCommandLink>  controltype:= <UIA_ButtonControlTypeId> ,<50000>    , (0000C350)    154;274;438;40
*** Parent Information top down ***
3: Title is: <Pulpit>   Class   := <#32769> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    0;0;1280;1024
"Title:=Pulpit;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=#32769"    
2: Title is: <Przeglądarka - Internet Explorer>    Class   := <Alternate Modal Top Most>   controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    -4;-4;1288;988
"Title:=Przeglądarka - Internet Explorer;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Alternate Modal Top Most"   
1: Title is: <Java Update Needed>   Class   := <#32770> controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId> ,<50032>    , (0000C370)    99;110;506;253
"Title:=Java Update Needed;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=#32770"  
0: Title is: <Java Update Needed>   Class   := <TaskDialog> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    102;132;500;228
"Title:=Java Update Needed;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TaskDialog"    

;~ *** Standard code ***
#include "UIAWrappers.au3"
AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=Przeglądarka - Internet Explorer;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Alternate Modal Top Most", $treescope_children)   
_UIA_Action($oP2,"setfocus")
Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=Java Update Needed;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=#32770", $treescope_children)   
_UIA_Action($oP1,"setfocus")
Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=Java Update Needed;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TaskDialog", $treescope_children) 
_UIA_Action($oP0,"setfocus")
_UIA_setVar("Later.mainwindow","title:=Later;classname:=CCCommandLink")
_UIA_action("Later.mainwindow","setfocus")

*** Detailed properties of the highlighted element ***
UIA_title:= <Later>
UIA_text:= <Later>
UIA_regexptitle:= <Later>
UIA_class:= <CCCommandLink>
UIA_regexpclass:= <CCCommandLink>
UIA_iaccessiblechildId:= <0>
UIA_id:= <CommandLink_202>
UIA_handle:= <591628>
UIA_RuntimeId:= <42;591628>
UIA_BoundingRectangle:= <154;274;438;40>
UIA_ProcessId:= <3000>
UIA_ControlType:= <50000>
UIA_LocalizedControlType:= <przycisk>
UIA_Name:= <Later>
UIA_HasKeyboardFocus:= <True>
UIA_IsKeyboardFocusable:= <True>
UIA_IsEnabled:= <True>
UIA_AutomationId:= <CommandLink_202>
UIA_ClassName:= <CCCommandLink>
UIA_HelpText:= <Continue and you will be reminded to update again later.>
UIA_ClickablePoint:= <373;294>
UIA_Culture:= <0>
UIA_IsControlElement:= <True>
UIA_IsContentElement:= <True>
UIA_IsPassword:= <False>
UIA_NativeWindowHandle:= <591628>
UIA_IsOffscreen:= <False>
UIA_Orientation:= <0>
UIA_FrameworkId:= <DirectUI>
UIA_IsRequiredForForm:= <False>
UIA_IsDockPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsGridItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsGridPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsInvokePatternAvailable:= <True>
UIA_IsMultipleViewPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsRangeValuePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsScrollPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsScrollItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSelectionItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSelectionPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTablePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTableItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTextPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTogglePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTransformPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsValuePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsWindowPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_ValueIsReadOnly:= <True>
UIA_RangeValueValue:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueIsReadOnly:= <True>
UIA_RangeValueMinimum:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueMaximum:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueLargeChange:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueSmallChange:= <0>
UIA_ScrollHorizontalScrollPercent:= <0>
UIA_ScrollHorizontalViewSize:= <100>
UIA_ScrollVerticalScrollPercent:= <0>
UIA_ScrollVerticalViewSize:= <100>
UIA_ScrollHorizontallyScrollable:= <False>
UIA_ScrollVerticallyScrollable:= <False>
UIA_SelectionCanSelectMultiple:= <False>
UIA_SelectionIsSelectionRequired:= <False>
UIA_GridRowCount:= <0>
UIA_GridColumnCount:= <0>
UIA_GridItemRow:= <0>
UIA_GridItemColumn:= <0>
UIA_GridItemRowSpan:= <1>
UIA_GridItemColumnSpan:= <1>
UIA_DockDockPosition:= <5>
UIA_ExpandCollapseExpandCollapseState:= <3>
UIA_MultipleViewCurrentView:= <0>
UIA_WindowCanMaximize:= <False>
UIA_WindowCanMinimize:= <False>
UIA_WindowWindowVisualState:= <0>
UIA_WindowWindowInteractionState:= <0>
UIA_WindowIsModal:= <False>
UIA_WindowIsTopmost:= <False>
UIA_SelectionItemIsSelected:= <False>
UIA_TableRowOrColumnMajor:= <2>
UIA_ToggleToggleState:= <2>
UIA_TransformCanMove:= <False>
UIA_TransformCanResize:= <False>
UIA_TransformCanRotate:= <False>
UIA_IsLegacyIAccessiblePatternAvailable:= <True>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleChildId:= <0>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleName:= <Later>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleDescription:= <Continue and you will be reminded to update again later.>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleRole:= <43>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleState:= <1048964>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleDefaultAction:= <Naciśnij>
UIA_IsDataValidForForm:= <False>
UIA_ProviderDescription:= <[pid:2812,hwnd:0x9070C Override(parent link):Nested [pid:3000,hwnd:0x9070C Override(parent link):Unidentified Provider (unmanaged:comctl32.dll)]; Main:Nested [pid:3000,hwnd:0x9070C Annotation(parent link):Microsoft: Annotation Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll); Main:Microsoft: MSAA Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll)]; Hwnd:Microsoft: HWND Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll)]>
UIA_IsItemContainerPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsVirtualizedItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSynchronizedInputPatternAvailable:= <False>

How I can click this Java "Later" button ?

mLipok

EDIT:

I play a little more and  here is :) solution:

Local $oP0a=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "title:=Later;classname:=CCCommandLink", $treescope_children)
_UIA_action($oP0a,"setfocus")
_UIA_action($oP0a,"click")
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hello,

I tried to read out the title of a control and then to click on an button with the same name. I used Total Commander's Nagscreen because of only three buttons to choose from. With simplespy I can identify the control with the name/title I would need. But I can't find out the title and have it in value to set later to click on the right button.

Simplespy finds the control:

Mouse position is retrieved 959-644
At least we have an element [3][TPanel]

Having the following values for all properties: 
Title is: <3>   Class   := <TPanel> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    950;637;25;22
*** Parent Information top down ***
4: Title is: <Desktop>  Class   := <#32769> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    0;0;1920;1080
"Title:=Desktop;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=#32769"   
3: Title is: <Total Commander>  Class   := <TNASTYNAGSCREEN>    controltype:= <UIA_WindowControlTypeId> ,<50032>    , (0000C370)    665;356;590;368
"Title:=Total Commander;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=TNASTYNAGSCREEN"    
2: Title is: <> Class   := <TNotebook>  controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    668;388;584;333
"Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TNotebook"   
1: Title is: <NagPage>  Class   := <TPage>  controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    668;388;584;333
"Title:=NagPage;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPage"    
0: Title is: <> Class   := <TPanel> controltype:= <UIA_PaneControlTypeId>   ,<50033>    , (0000C371)    684;631;552;78
"Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPanel"  

;~ *** Standard code ***

Local $oP3=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=Total Commander;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=TNASTYNAGSCREEN", $treescope_children)    
_UIA_Action($oP3,"setfocus")
Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP3, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TNotebook", $treescope_children)    
Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=NagPage;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPage", $treescope_children) 
Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPanel", $treescope_children)   
_UIA_setVar("3.mainwindow","title:=3;classname:=TPanel")
_UIA_action("3.mainwindow","setfocus")

*** Detailed properties of the highlighted element ***
UIA_title:= <3>
UIA_text:= <3>
UIA_regexptitle:= <3>
UIA_class:= <TPanel>
UIA_regexpclass:= <TPanel>
UIA_iaccessiblechildId:= <0>
UIA_id:= <3279550>
UIA_handle:= <3279550>
UIA_RuntimeId:= <42;3279550>
UIA_BoundingRectangle:= <950;637;25;22>
UIA_ProcessId:= <5188>
UIA_ControlType:= <50033>
UIA_LocalizedControlType:= <Bereich>
UIA_Name:= <3>
UIA_HasKeyboardFocus:= <False>
UIA_IsKeyboardFocusable:= <True>
UIA_IsEnabled:= <True>
UIA_AutomationId:= <3279550>
UIA_ClassName:= <TPanel>
UIA_Culture:= <0>
UIA_IsControlElement:= <True>
UIA_IsContentElement:= <True>
UIA_IsPassword:= <False>
UIA_NativeWindowHandle:= <3279550>
UIA_IsOffscreen:= <False>
UIA_Orientation:= <0>
UIA_FrameworkId:= <Win32>
UIA_IsRequiredForForm:= <False>
UIA_IsDockPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsGridItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsGridPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsInvokePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsMultipleViewPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsRangeValuePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsScrollPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsScrollItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSelectionItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSelectionPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTablePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTableItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTextPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTogglePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsTransformPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsValuePatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsWindowPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_ValueIsReadOnly:= <True>
UIA_RangeValueValue:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueIsReadOnly:= <True>
UIA_RangeValueMinimum:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueMaximum:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueLargeChange:= <0>
UIA_RangeValueSmallChange:= <0>
UIA_ScrollHorizontalScrollPercent:= <0>
UIA_ScrollHorizontalViewSize:= <100>
UIA_ScrollVerticalScrollPercent:= <0>
UIA_ScrollVerticalViewSize:= <100>
UIA_ScrollHorizontallyScrollable:= <False>
UIA_ScrollVerticallyScrollable:= <False>
UIA_SelectionCanSelectMultiple:= <False>
UIA_SelectionIsSelectionRequired:= <False>
UIA_GridRowCount:= <0>
UIA_GridColumnCount:= <0>
UIA_GridItemRow:= <0>
UIA_GridItemColumn:= <0>
UIA_GridItemRowSpan:= <1>
UIA_GridItemColumnSpan:= <1>
UIA_DockDockPosition:= <5>
UIA_ExpandCollapseExpandCollapseState:= <3>
UIA_MultipleViewCurrentView:= <0>
UIA_WindowCanMaximize:= <False>
UIA_WindowCanMinimize:= <False>
UIA_WindowWindowVisualState:= <0>
UIA_WindowWindowInteractionState:= <0>
UIA_WindowIsModal:= <False>
UIA_WindowIsTopmost:= <False>
UIA_SelectionItemIsSelected:= <False>
UIA_TableRowOrColumnMajor:= <2>
UIA_ToggleToggleState:= <2>
UIA_TransformCanMove:= <False>
UIA_TransformCanResize:= <False>
UIA_TransformCanRotate:= <False>
UIA_IsLegacyIAccessiblePatternAvailable:= <True>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleChildId:= <0>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleName:= <3>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleRole:= <10>
UIA_LegacyIAccessibleState:= <1048576>
UIA_IsDataValidForForm:= <False>
UIA_ProviderDescription:= <[pid:5256,hwnd:0x320ABE Main:Nested [pid:5188,hwnd:0x320ABE Annotation(parent link):Microsoft: Annotation Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll); Main:Microsoft: MSAA Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll)]; Hwnd(parent link):Microsoft: HWND Proxy (unmanaged:uiautomationcore.dll)]>
UIA_IsItemContainerPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsVirtualizedItemPatternAvailable:= <False>
UIA_IsSynchronizedInputPatternAvailable:= <False>

Now I put the samplecode in Autoit. All is going, a bit slow though, but all elements are focussed well. The code:

;~ Versuch, den Totalcommander zu steuern

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
;#include <debug.au3>
#include "CUIAutomation2.au3"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y  ;Should be used for stuff like tagpoint having right struct etc. when running on a 64 bits os

;~ Make this language specific
const $cTCClassName="TNASTYNAGSCREEN"
const $cButton1="1"

$strTCExeFolder="C:\Program Files (x86)\TC UP\"

$strTCStartup=""
$strTCExe=$strTCExeFolder & "TOTALCMD64.EXE"

;~ Start Total Commander
if fileexists($strTCExe) Then
    if not processexists("TOTALCMD64.EXE") Then
        run($strTCExe & $strTCStartup,"", @SW_MAXIMIZE )
        ProcessWait("TOTALCMD64.EXE")
        ;~ Just to give some time to start
        sleep(10000)
    endif
Else
    consolewrite("Total Commander nicht gefunden. Bitte manuell starten:" & @CRLF )
    consolewrite($strTCExe & $strTCStartup & @CRLF)
EndIf

;~ Finde das TC Fenster:

Local $oP3=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=Total Commander;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=TNASTYNAGSCREEN", $treescope_children)
_UIA_Action($oP3,"setfocus")
Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP3, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TNotebook", $treescope_children)
Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=NagPage;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPage", $treescope_children)
Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPanel", $treescope_children)
Local $okrampf=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP0, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=TPanel", $treescope_children)
_UIA_Action($okrampf,"setfocus")

ConsoleWrite("Title is: <" &  _UIA_getPropertyValue($okrampf,$UIA_NamePropertyId) &  ">" & @TAB _
                    & "Class   := <" & _UIA_getPropertyValue($okrampf,$uia_classnamepropertyid) &  ">" & @TAB _
                    & "controltype:= <" &  _UIA_getPropertyValue($okrampf,$UIA_ControlTypePropertyId) &  ">" & @TAB  _
                    & " (" &  hex(_UIA_getPropertyValue($okrampf,$UIA_ControlTypePropertyId)) &  ")" & @TAB & @CRLF)

Exit

The variable $okrampf, I thought, would deliver the needed information, but no object is found. But... the Pane gets highlighted, it is found!

See the console-output:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "G:\Programmierung\Autoit\Rechnersteuerung\Tutorialskripts 01\tc-ctrl02.au3" /UserParams    
+>14:18:37 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000407  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0407)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Egon\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Egon\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:G:\Programmierung\Autoit\Rechnersteuerung\Tutorialskripts 01\tc-ctrl02.au3
+>14:18:37 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "G:\Programmierung\Autoit\Rechnersteuerung\Tutorialskripts 01\tc-ctrl02.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
Title is: <** NO PROPERTYVALUE DUE TO NONEXISTING OBJECT **>    Class   := <** NO PROPERTYVALUE DUE TO NONEXISTING OBJECT **>   controltype:= <** NO PROPERTYVALUE DUE TO NONEXISTING OBJECT **>     (00000000) 
+>14:18:51 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:18:51 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 14.36

Perhaps you find some time to put me in the right direction, please. How can I solve this, how can I address the object and read out the title?

Greetings,

Egon

Thank you for your prompt answer, Junkew. As a beginner I'm not able to use coordinates within the panel. And I don't know, why simplespy could identify the control and find out the name, but then, in my code there isn't that object. I will give it a try.

Greetings,

Egon

Quickstart 

• Start simplespy.au3
  • Hover your mouse over the element you want to handle
  • Press ctrl+w
  • Copy / paste the given source to a new AutoIT script
  • If you need help
    • ask for help in new thread in general support section and post
      • screenshot that shows your element is highlighted with simplespy
      • post output of simplespy with all properties
      • attached log.txt if available in your script directory
      • use allways contents of latest zip files which could be work in progress (WIP) zip

​This looks as though it is really good. However, I have a couple of questions, which are delaying my start:

1. When SimpleSpy calls UIAWrappers, there is an error for the following variable ($STR_REGEXPMATCH). Where should that variable be set and where?

2. Should I extract each zip file into a separate folders? Should these folders be named and located anywhere specific? How will the functions in them be accessible from other scripts?

• 2 weeks later...

My question related to JAVA Security warning , I mean something like this: "You are using old Java version it is strongly recomended to update [Update / Run this time / Close ]"

simply spy gives me this

;~ *** Standard code ***

Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=https://someURL - Internet Explorer;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=IEFrame", $treescope_children)
Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Frame Notification Bar", $treescope_children)
Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=Powiadomienie;controltype:=UIA_ToolBarControlTypeId;class:=DirectUIHWND", $treescope_children)
;~ First find the object in the parent before you can do something
;~$oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll("Zamknij.mainwindow", "title:=Zamknij;ControlType:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree)
Local $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP0, "title:=Zamknij;ControlType:=UIA_ButtonControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree)
_UIA_action($oUIElement,"click")

This is a snippet to close this opened window.

QUESTION:

Currently, if the window does not appear the program, and so does each of these features, including click (sometimes in another part of the screen). It happened to me that the script showed StartUp menu.

How to prevent this?
How to check if this window Appear ?

Best regards,

mLipok

EDIT: WinWait... not working as this windows are "related/embended" to IE11, and Au3Info do not see it.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

unfortunately thats a difficult question to answer as it heavily depends on what is flowing around in your system.

1. Worst case you have to build a loop with a 100 ms timedelay for 10-20 times with the disbenefit when its not coming you lost 2 seconds of speed.

2. With iuiAutomation you can partly tackle this by watching the events flowing around. See examples on how to see those. As it seems your javawindow is more or less an exceptional window its probably best to catch it by an event and handle exceptional windows in those events and not in your core flow. The events can be compared with winwait although its a little harder.

• 3 weeks later...

i download cef_binary_3.2378.1280.gb6e5310_windows32_client its chromium embedded browser example client app having chromium embedded framwork 3 

its a kind of user created browser based on chromium browsers 

i was trying to do iuiautomation on it but simplyspy isnt able to access the elements inside html page being displayed though the other controls of the apllication can be accesed 

the purpose of this experiment was because cef3 was created to be embbeded in with other application and it could display the html files just like a browser does and i thought maybe we can use it to create GUI for autoit using it but the problem is html isnt being accesed 

I do not have CEF3 examples but if you read this 

https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/accessibility

then this is probably the trick to turn accessibility on

WindowsChrome calls NotifyWinEvent with EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT and the custom object id of 1. If it subsequently receives a WM_GETOBJECT call for that custom object id, it assumes that assistive technology is running.

Check with assistive tools like NVDA or Google accessibility tools what you get out of GEF. If they work its just a matter of sendmessage from AutoIT sending WM_GETOBJECT when it receives EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT

well i tried chrome://accessibility but the application changes the url to chrome://version and the other trick mentioned there wont run this example file has a exe file and no othr file.....

so i downloaded the win64 binary file now i just have to figure out a way to compile them to launch the client app in force render accessibility or even launch atleast first.....

((aaaaaaaaaa  just when i need the cef forums the frikin site is down..... now just gotta try trial and error n launch the app window sumhow....))

Edited by zreo15

you probably do not have to do that see below. I installed CEF test app on my PC and below works perfectly also with SimpleSpy

Test

1. Start chrome

2. Enter Chrome://accessibility in addressbar and make sure its off

3. Start the attached script

4. Open new tab, you should see a message from AutoIT that event was send and handshake back was send

5. Go back to chrome://accessibility and refresh

6. Accessibility is now on

As CEF is based on chromium it should respond similar in the handshake

Workinstruction for your scenario

1. start this script

2. start your CEF application

3. start simplespy

#include <APISysConstants.au3>
#include <GUIMenu.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>
#include <WinAPISys.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $hEventProc = DllCallbackRegister('_EventProc', 'none', 'ptr;dword;hwnd;long;long;dword;dword')
Global $g_tRECT, $g_iIndex, $g_hMenu = 0

OnAutoItExitRegister('OnAutoItExit')

Local $hEventHook = _WinAPI_SetWinEventHook($EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT, $EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT, DllCallbackGetPtr($hEventProc))

While 1
    Sleep(1000)
WEnd

Func OnAutoItExit()
    _WinAPI_UnhookWinEvent($hEventHook)
    DllCallbackFree($hEventProc)
EndFunc   ;==>OnAutoItExit

Func _EventProc($hEventHook, $iEvent, $hWnd, $iObjectID, $iChildID, $iThreadID, $iEventTime)
    #forceref $hEventHook, $iObjectID, $iChildID, $iThreadID, $iEventTime

Switch $iEvent
        Case $EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT
            if $iObjectID=1 then
                $result = _SendMessage($hWnd, $WM_GETOBJECT, 0, 1)
                consolewrite("Chrome gave a call so we replied " & $iObjectID)
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_EventProc

Edited by junkew
tested it with CEF application

yup its working now simplespy is able to detect html elements now but as soon as I close the cefclient window and reopen it and then try to use simple spy it dosent work and i have to run ur script agn to make it work....

i guess now i wil try to run that win64 binarys client app and see there must be a way to permanantly turn accessibility on in that 

wells till then how to make this  WM_GETOBJECT calls....??

its the other way around. CEF applications broadcast "Hello, anyone there" with $EVENT_SYSTEM_ALERT. Then any screenreader/automation can answer "yes, hello I am here" by sending back $WM_GETOBJECT. 

This is the easiest way of doing it. Another way is triggering IAccessible2 interface but then you have to do stuff with OBJ_CREATEINTERFACE and/or AIO UDF logic which is more complicated / work

• 2 weeks later...

@junkew

May I ask you to check and repair links in the OP, as after forum upgrading , the links are broken.

Best regards,

mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler