Is it possible to read network send/receive speed?

Go to solution Solved by MikahS,

Basically the same data that you can find in windows 8.1 under task manager, performance, Ethernet. Here's what I'm talking about:

LZwBm8V.png

Under Send and Receive, that is what I want to read. It doesn't have to be from the Task Manager itself, infact I'd prefer if it wasn't. 

"The story of a blade is linked in Blood." 

―Yasuo

Are you looking for visual real time or just need the values in a script to work with them? 

My idea would be using a custom data collector set that contains the information you want and then use AutoIT to read those log files.

datacollection.JPG

Need the values to work with them, but they must also be refreshed in real time or when a process is started.

―Yasuo

Have you tried scripting anything?

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Have you tried scripting anything?

Haven't started anything yet because this project is entirely dependant on whether I can get these values or not

Edited by Khryus

―Yasuo

Yes, you can. >here is an example script.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

As long as the data collector is running its real time info, but not sure how to pull it from the log that easily.

Just as you said, it wouldn't be easy to pull data from the log easily hence why I don't want to use any other program but prefer working with raw data. Thank you for replying though :D

Yes, you can. >here is an example script.

I already know that but I can't find what I need in it - could you tell me which function in the UDF solves my problem?

―Yasuo

If you read the post it literally tells you the function they use to get the info for their example script..

Protocol Statistics Functions:
_Network_IPStatistics() -> receives IP statistics
_Network_TCPStatistics() -> TCP statistics
_Network_UDPStatistics() -> UDP statistics
_Network_ICMPStatistics() -> ICMP statistics
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

It is not a UDF it is an example script. It's an example of how to create exactly what you would like to do. If you read the post it literally tells you the function they use to get the info for their example script..

There is no Send or Receive speed in their example script either, it just tracks Sent and Received packets which is not what I need  :sweating:

Edited by Khryus

―Yasuo

• Solution

Have a look at this UDF: >Performance Counters in Windows - Measure Process, CPU, Network, Disk Usage

• TCP, UDP, IP Connection Counts, Speed/Error Stats
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

Have a look at this UDF: >Performance Counters in Windows - Measure Process, CPU, Network, Disk Usage

• TCP, UDP, IP Connection Counts, Speed/Error Stats

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for. By running the example script "TestPDH_NetworkUsage" I got what I needed. I'll have to look at it more in detail :)

―Yasuo

Glad we got you a solution Khryus :)

Snips & Scripts