CheckSumVerify - verify integrity of the compiled exe

trancexx

Works as it is.

First says successfully added checksums, then subsequent runs just show message box.

EDIT:

Also catches the binary edit :)

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

It's been brought to my attention (thanks!) that one AV company has flagged the script as Trojan for some reason. Go figure. The detection algo is secret, so I had to pull some strings too see how and why this have happened. Very interesting to see how they do it.

Long story short, there is new file in the first post which doesn't have mentioned problems.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• 1 year later...

Hi, this script looks great. Do I simply add the #include into my target script and that is it? I don't need to do anything else?

Will this help protect against code injection etc? I'm trying to protect against people bypassing my current license protection system by altering my compiled exe.

No, it's not.

I've updated the code and changed the way hash is stored inside the exe. It should be impossible to decipher what the script does now. I used special obfuscation technique to make the critical code unreadable. Obfuscator is run four times. Crazy.

I wonder if it works now? I hope so.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

No, it's not.

Hmm, I would have thought that file integrity for executables would be high priority for (AV) heuristic detection. Now I wonder why not: it seems like a wasted opportunity.

Anyway, I can't test this ATM, but I look forward to trying it later. Avast didn't like the previous version.

I don't use antivirus, so, to test it I uploaded the old and new versions of the test example.
au3 version is at https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/677e2fe4955a838673ec8c31a4b77b715eb7e0331a207db4c6e1ba9f43e76500/analysis/1451254984/
a3x version is at https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bb9f27d57f4b0e650f6e2d9d8357dec2864b20f6626bb8fae035b25a23b8bb23/analysis/1451255057/
The compiled files were run once to apply the patch ( self patch ), then uploaded.

Edit: then, just for the heck of it, uploaded the test without the include, making it just a compiled MsgBox,
the results are at https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1123bf18ba323f41a388493ed2a7852b4fba13e599697ae8f64b911cce1af33d/analysis/1451257979/ 
therefore, whatever showed as virus, has nothing to do with the include.

Edited by argumentum
more testing

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Au3stripper is part of the compile options. It is made for Autoit. I'm not sure what you mean. Go to SciTe and compile a script, you'll see Au3Stripper in the options, it comes with the editor.

Don't get me wrong, I fancy strippers. However your premisses are wrong.

If some tool can't process this script correctly then it's not fully compatible with AutoIt. Talk to the author of it, maybe you'll get better response or explanation from there. 

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Don't get me wrong, I fancy strippers. However your premisses are wrong.

If some tool can't process this script correctly then it's not fully compatible with AutoIt. Talk to the author of it, maybe you'll get better response or explanation from there. 

It is probably just a few undeclared Vars.

• 1 year later...
On 22/12/2015 at 10:18 PM, trancexx said:

I've updated the code and changed the way hash is stored inside the exe. It should be impossible to decipher what the script does now. I used special obfuscation technique to make the critical code unreadable. Obfuscator is run four times. Crazy.

Hi,

Is it possible to have it return a value instead of running/terminating based on the check?

I was wondering if I can use the returned value as a key to RTFC's CodeCrypter.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I didn't see anyone mention how this can work together with code signing ..
If you code sign a file before the first run the digital signature breaks right after
Sign the file after the first run and it becomes unverified  ..

was just interested to know how if it was technically possible to combine the both