ShellExecute explained?

Hi there, I am fairly new to all of this and was wanting some help. I am currently trying to run a program with a set of parameters but am not sure how to do it. I have been looking through the help manual for ages and found this:

ShellExecute ( "filename" [, "parameters" [, "workingdir" [, "verb" [, showflag]]]] )

I was wanting some help to figure out the "parameters part. Anytime I try to put something there it won't work. Is there a certian format I need to write them in. Currently they are just being writting like so.

abc123.exe -parameter1 "-parameter number 2"

and so on. I feel the way they are written is what is causing me trouble.

• Moderators

It would be ShellExecute("abc.exe", "-parameter 1 -parameter2")

If you let us know the application, and the parameters, we can assist further.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

Show some actual code you have tried and the commandline you tested with that is running.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I don't want to show any code I may have the post locked and removed again :P But I'll try what you said and get back to you

not sure this was a smart move.

Click

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)