help with activating context menu or menu on a button click or by using accelerators

nss

Go to solution Solved by nss,

Hi all,

I am working on a project, in which I decided I should have history of previously searched stuff (since it's an app with which you can search stuff), so I have been thinking that I could just create the context menu or regular menu, that I could somehow force to activate on a button click or by using accelerators.

Now, I haven't been able to figure out how to make that work.

First I tried guiCtrlSetState, which didn't seem to work (I tried show and focus), then I tried accelerators and they didn't do anything.

So I'm wondering is there any way I can make the context menu or regular menu pop up on button press/click or key press (with accelerators)?

I know I can be old school and use a new gui, or just a combo box for the history or anything but I kinda want this, if there's any way to do so.

Any help, or an alternative way of doing the same thing appreciated :)

Here's the testing code in which I was trying to make the test button trigger and activate the context menu, and I have tried the same with the regular menu:

«

#notrayicon
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
guicreate("test123")
$but=guictrlcreatebutton("test", -1, -1, -1)
$xt=GUICtrlCreateContextMenu("test context menu")
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("test1", $xt)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("test2", $xt)
guisetstate(@SW_MAXIMIZE)
while 1
sleep(5)
$msg=GUIGetMsg()
if $msg=$but then
guictrlsetstate($xt, $GUI_FOCUS)
endif
wend

»

• Solution

so, to clarify, I want basically to be able to open the context menu on left click/on key press on the button, currently I'm using controlClick function, but if there's another way I'd love to  do it the other way