Admin Tool

GaryFrost

v1.9.1.0

User now has choice of retrieving list of pcs by either ldap or net view, select config menu

some internal changes.

see 1st post for source

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Some suggestions, the 4 second ping timeout makes this take WAY too long. Our domain has 3/4 of the machines as field laptops, they have domain PC accounts, but are hardly ever on the domain. If it takes 4 seconds to timeout on each machine, that 400+ * 4 seconds, that's 30 minutes to scan those PCs... Also, make the user press scan first instead of starting the scan instantly. What if I download the zip file and don't modify the ini file? It's going to immediately scan your-domain, which more than likely doesn't exist. Those are my 2 main issues.

Some suggestions, the 4 second ping timeout makes this take WAY too long. Our domain has 3/4 of the machines as field laptops, they have domain PC accounts, but are hardly ever on the domain. If it takes 4 seconds to timeout on each machine, that 400+ * 4 seconds, that's 30 minutes to scan those PCs... Also, make the user press scan first instead of starting the scan instantly. What if I download the zip file and don't modify the ini file? It's going to immediately scan your-domain, which more than likely doesn't exist. Those are my 2 main issues.

Thanks, for your input

I will probably make the the ping time configurable.

Think I'll also check to see what $Domain is, if it is equal to your-domain then the domain config screen will pop up.

Edited by gafrost

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

v1.9.1.1

Ping time out configurable

Checks to see what $Domain is, if it is equal to "your-domain" then

the domain configscreen will pop up (doesn't populate machine list

if it is equal to "your-domain").

Must change to your domains name.

Context menu for populate software instead of $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN

Selecting machine through search does not automatically populate pc info anymore

(might have populate for one not wanted)

If machine filter changes, no longer automatically re-populates list, will have to

selectRefresh Machine List from context menu

see 1st post for source code

Gary

@qafrost, isn't it interesting you put up a simple script and them people just want so much more..? It's kind of fun to see how things develop and what ideas people come up with..

Nice to see your utility developing..

Cheers.. B)

So true, although I wasn't planning on putting this much effort into it.

Gary

v1.9.1.2

Added a couple of context menu items, look for them in the machine list

Some code optimization, also took some of the code out of the main loop and put into functions

see 1st post in thread for source

Gary

Edit: v1.8

added Change Start Mode to Services (Boot,System,Automatic,Manual,Disabled)

Edit: v1.7

now using all wmi for process and service tabs, no longer need pskill and psservice

from sysinternals, Changed from label to editbox read-only for system info on Tab 4

Edit: v1.6

since there seems to be some interest (47 downloads of 1st version) I decided to put

the latest up, added all the files need from sysinternals into the zip file.

Enjoy,

Gary

Hi, I downloaded the ZIP file. When I extracted it I only got 3 icons and a .JPG file, even though other files were listed in the ZIP. I have an older one the .AU3 is dated 10/14/05 and it extracted as expected.

Ideas?

Gene

Edited typos

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Hi, I downloaded the ZIP file. When I extracted it I only got 3 icons and a .JPG file, even though other files were listed in the ZIP. I have an older one the .AU3 is dated 10/14/05 and it extracted as expected.

Ideas?

Gene

Edited typos

Compression might have been set to high for the zip program your using I put a non compressed zip file for you to download at http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/frost/AdminTool.ZIP i'll keep the file out there for a day or 2 then i'll delete it.

Gary

Compression might have been set to high for the zip program your using I put a non compressed zip file for you to download at http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/frost/AdminTool.ZIP i'll keep the file out there for a day or 2 then i'll delete it.

Gary

I have it now, thank you.

PowerArchiver 2001 is an oldie but nice freebie. After I extracted your 500+ zip, I recompressed it at "max". It only went to 217kb as opposed to your compressed one at 206kb.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Now if it could only change diapers or do the dishes :o

_ChangeDiapers($i_Wipe,$s_PinchNose = 1)

Just kidding Gafrost ehehehe

Great program! If you're like me, give it as much time as you can cause after you drop it it's really hard to pick it up and work on it again B)

I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins.SpockMy UDFs:Deleted - they were old and I'm lazy ... :)My utilities:Comment stripperPolicy lister 1.07AutoIT Speed Tester (new!)

v1.9.1.4

Fixed up the IP Range Filtering Function (back-spacing, tabs, length)

Also fixed so that Filter is updated imediatly so that refresh can be done right away.

see 1st post for source

please let me know if you find any bugs, i'll probably not be working on this for the next week.

Enjoy,

Gary

Edited by gafrost

Hello,

I'm a complete new here. So..

The AdminTool seems great to me, but when I run Syntaxcheck Beta I get: (see below)

I know, it's me, but is there anyone to help me out?

T.i.a.

Piet

info:

- SciTe 1.64

- AutoIt 3.1.1.0

- AutoIt beta 3.1.1.84

- W2K

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /beta /AU3Check /in "C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3"

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3(96,13) : ERROR: TCPStartup() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

TCPStartup()

~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3(762,14) : ERROR: undefined macro.

GUISetState(@SW_LOCK

~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3(1458,14) : ERROR: undefined macro.

GUISetState(@SW_LOCK

~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3(1463,14) : ERROR: undefined macro.

GUISetState(@SW_UNLOCK

~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3(1488,97) : ERROR: syntax error

$LABEL2 = _GuiCtrlCreateHyperlink($ABOUT_AUTHOR, 27, 130, StringLen($ABOUT_AUTHOR) * 8, Default,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\admintool\AdminTool.au3 - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).

>Exit code: 0 Time: 1.097 B)

make sure to run using Alt+F5 or select Tools, Beta Run

also make you have the latest updates for SciTE.

Installer which will update your SciTE4AutoIT3 installation to the latest (BETA 3.1.1.84)